Utility Easements - How to Bury or Move?

Does anyone have any experience with moving utility easements? How about having them buried?

I actually want to do both unless you can build on top of the buried ones (which I am pretty sure you cannot do).

I have a corner lot at the end of a street so the utility lines cut off about half of the lot along with a giant pole with wire guy lines in the middle of the backyard.

Any suggestions? Help?

Contact Centerpoint Electricity. Builder department.

Thank you... and to fill in the gaps for later readers:

Centerpoint Builder Department

Manuel Perez 713.207.6820

Service Coordinator for Timbergrove Manor and Magnolia Park Area

Takea Reeder 713.945.3796

Yep, that wouldn't surprise me either. You still couldn't build on an easement. So that brings the additional questions: where could you move it? Would it take an additional land purchase? Would the new easement require replatting the neighborhood - which in turn requires a new survey? Many questions to answer here.

Although I'm sure people have done it before. But they were probably building a theme park or office building. And these costs are negligible.

$3000 sounds like a bargain to me... I hope it only costs that much. Since the lot is on a corner the easement runs 85 feet into the lot and then 100 feet back out.

The lot is 1.4ac and the easement effectively cuts the lot in half, plus they have 3'x35' guy wire easements coming off of the 10' utility easement which really takes a large chunk out of the property.

One plus is that the lines are sagging so low (about 6' high and being held up by a tree) on one part of the property that I can touch them so it might help my case if I can get anyone out to the lot... I have called the area coordinator about 6 times now with no return call...

Hello,

I have a question on Aerial Easement.

On my lot, there is 10 ft utility easement and also 10.6 ft x 16 ft aerial easement. The builder didn't know about the aerial easement when I picked the lot. We have enough space for the Utility easement but because of additional aerial easement, my 2-stored home doesn't fit on the lot.

The builder applied for "Release of Easement" with Centerpoint Energy. They are looking into it now.

The electric wires are 50 feet away from my corner lot (on greenbelt), and the nearest pole is about 90 feet away.

Does any one dealt with this kind of scenario before? If so, will they release aerial easement on my lot?

Thanks in advance.

Thanks

Bradman

• 2 weeks later...

Meet with centerpoint.

$1400 to move the guy wires and their easements.

To move and bury the lines and easements it would cost between $15 and $20k... the kicker is that that only covers Centerpoint, then you have to get comcast and sbc out there to move their utilities

argh!

Archived