So nice out!

HtownWxBoy

Best weather ever today. Made for a great bike ride.

Its been great most of the time this past 2 weeks. ^_^

...but it comes with a consequence...

We are in a deficit in rain and grass/forests fires have been starting here and throught Texas due to the rain deficit, wind, and low humidity.

My roofer called about 8:30 and said it was raining a little on him down in Seabrook, and he was going to call the crew off the job for the day. Still no rain here at the job site. I wonder if the Super Bowl has anything to do with it .... ^_^

it was sprinkling earlier when i went to telwink and lowes. just checked radar, looks like magnolia park area is getting light rain now.

My roofer called about 8:30 and said it was raining a little on him down in Seabrook, and he was going to call the crew off the job for the day. Still no rain here at the job site. I wonder if the Super Bowl has anything to do with it .... ^_^

Well if the super bowl has something to do with it, its not helping us here in Galveston and Houston. You can feel humidity here but it has'nt rained yet. I guess the 4o% chance of rain today was incorrect. :(

Here's the Current drought condition from www.drought.gov (updated every week.)

Drought2.gif

Drought conditions here are likely to persist/develope.

DroughtOutlook.gif

Edited by UpuPUp!

• 3 months later...

It is no longer nice out. Going for a walk this morning was gross, just wet and humid and nasty with mosquitos. Looking at the 10 day forecast, all of the lows are now in the 70s. Sucks. October can't come fast enough. I hope it rains a lot between now and then.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I know it's August and it's above 90 by now, but it felt pretty damn nice this morning. We had a nice walk around the bayou along with many others who were out. Maybe September can start us off by cooling down the nights and mornings, then we'll work our way to decent days.

It the battle between the "So nice out!" thread versus the "Damn it's hot!" thread, I really hope this one gets more play in the next month.

I know it's August and it's above 90 by now, but it felt pretty damn nice this morning. We had a nice walk around the bayou along with many others who were out. Maybe September can start us off by cooling down the nights and mornings, then we'll work our way to decent days.

It the battle between the "So nice out!" thread versus the "Damn it's hot!" thread, I really hope this one gets more play in the next month.

Yea things are SLOWLY beginning to cool down. When u are used to upper 70s in the morning, low to mid 70s can feel cool! ha ha Looks like our afternoon temps will be in the low 90s for the upcoming week... that's going to feel great compared to the mid to upper 90s and even low 100s we have seen most of the summer! September begins on Tuesday it's all downhill (temperature-wise) from there!

No kidding. Hopefully, we have the summer of '09 behind us. Whew that was a doozy! Of course, I may be speaking too soon.

• 4 weeks later...

Forecasting 90s today and tomorrow. Won't see 80s until Tuesday or Wednesday apparently.

3958763210_634cbe632f_o.png

Yea, summer is back for a few days. Tomorrow will be hot again with relief on Tuesday... the rest of the week will be nice ... some days warm but not very hot. I am heading to Pennsylvania to visit family on Tuesday... it will be in the 30s and 40s at night with 50s and 60s during the day... that's going to feel weird!!

• 3 weeks later...

Not much of a front, the high tomorrow is 78. Better, but still sucks.

78F at 40% humidity...I think we'll be doing the weather happy dance. In case you don't know it, it's a line dance. You do a goose walk while holding onto your belt buckle.

Edited by Porchman

wow... man, this cold front feels great! ...

Frank Billingsley pees sitting down.

:lol: you almost made me spit out my drink!

Tim Heller doesn't pee sitting down. Of course, I think his high-pants are permanently attached to his body, thus he doesn't bend at all.............but that's another story.

Indeed. Where is the damn front? My a.c. just kicked on again. At 77.

:lol: you almost made me spit out my drink!

Tim Heller doesn't pee sitting down. Of course, I think his high-pants are permanently attached to his body, thus he doesn't bend at all.............but that's another story.

Indeed. Where is the damn front? My a.c. just kicked on again. At 77.

it's better now...my glassed aren't fogged.