HAIF

Trae

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You really ought to consider charging us all a small annual membership fee to at least pay your hosting fees. It's the least we could do to help keep this thing a float.

Just keep reading and posting. It's the ad revenue that keeps HAIF afloat.

Will this be the actual design for the billboard Editor?

Badge_Billboard.png

No. It's one of the designs of the bumper stickers that virtually nobody bought.

What? What about all the money Tjones was collecting on your behalf? I thought he was sending it to you.

Where's my bat?

Wayne's birthday is coming up soon, April 27th I believe.

Call me cheap, but if he offers the $1 dollar/month deal like last year count me in for a $12 renewal.

I can't help be think all those items on Cafepress.com are Chinese made.

I'd rather have 100% of my cash go to Wayne rather than China and Cafepress share it with him. (Sorry, don't mean to be a Debbie Downer!)

Badge_Lighthouse.png Do we even have one of these in Houston ? We get to look forward to a freeway interchange when we hit the millenium mark ? I miss the old Houston bldg icons already.

Wow, a non-subscriber complaining about a free message board that no one is forcing him to post on. Pretty ballsy don't you think?

Wow, a non-subscriber complaining about a free message board that no one is forcing him to post on. Pretty ballsy don't you think?

Everything online is free these days. It's just his opinion. No offense to the editor.

Itunes is free?

c'mon, you get what i mean. There probably aren't many people who pay to use any message board. Facebook, myspace, flickr, blogger, citydata, etc. All free. No membership fees. HAIF sure does breed literal people. We don't know when to interpret hyperbole or other tropes. I guess it's more fun to stir things up.

My aesthetic complaints don't reflect on my enjoyment in using the site or my appreciation for editor in keeping it running. That being said, we all not only the right, but the duty to a better haif, to let the editor know of our preferences, let him know the things we like, and let him know the things we don't like.

I would hope the editor takes mental notes of his kingdom's likes and dislike and take those notes into consideration when the next round of aesthetic decisions come up.

Ps. I also am not big on the color briefcases... harder to identify as fast the new posts.

Pss. Editor, eventhough i'm part of the 99% of your users who havent financially supported Haif by buying stickers, I do like this site and think you do a swell job with it.

Pss. I didn't even know stickers were available or that we even had a cafe express site, and I'm not going to make some Chinese excuse for not purchasing something... so please post the cafe express link and I shall purchase something soon.

...I don't see a Store Link anywhere on the main forum page or the Everything Haif Page.....

Ahh.... Under HAif Stuff... yah... never noticed that button before.... way down there.

There probably aren't many people who pay to use any message board.

Offtopic.com is one of the 10 largest message boards in the world with 98,022,776 posts and 190,856 members, and it is subscription only.

So you can't really say "there probably aren't many people who pay to use any message board."

Just sayin'

I was thinking of the Bolivar Light, but didn't have a picture of it. Nothing says "Houston" more. It's the Biloxi, Mississippi lighthouse. Not exactly the East Coast. I used Houston pictures where I could. Sorry my hard work isn't good enough for you. I'll try to do better next time.

^ I think Editor felt a little pricked by the comments too :D

Pss. Editor, eventhough i'm part of the 99% of your users who havent financially supported Haif by buying stickers, I do like this site and think you do a swell job with it.

Pss. I didn't even know stickers were available or that we even had a cafe express site, and I'm not going to make some Chinese excuse for not purchasing something... so please post the cafe express link and I shall purchase something soon.

...I don't see a Store Link anywhere on the main forum page or the Everything Haif Page.....

Ahh.... Under HAif Stuff... yah... never noticed that button before.... way down there.

Here is the link

http://www.cafepress.com/artefaqs

On a side note, we do act like children on here don't we.

Poor Wayne, you put up with more nagging than compliments.

We ♥ U Wayne!

On a side note, we do act like children on here don't we.

Poor Wayne, you put up with more nagging than compliments.

We ♥ U Wayne!

Editor isn't special.. we all have to put up with nagging children on here sometimes.

You really ought to consider charging us all a small annual membership fee to at least pay your hosting fees. It's the least we could do to help keep this thing a float.

As long as I have access to internet and finger to type, you can count on my support.

Offtopic.com is one of the 10 largest message boards in the world with 98,022,776 posts and 190,856 members, and it is subscription only.

So you can't really say "there probably aren't many people who pay to use any message board."

Just sayin'

You only have to pay to post in their General "main" forum. The rest is free. The point is, the online market is largely free-based. Fee-based usually comes in if you want it at a premium, like flickr or wsj.com. I don't care enough to research and come up with statistics, but I'd be willing to bet most message boards, social sites and things like it are free.

I can't help be think all those items on Cafepress.com are Chinese made.

If you follow the link, you'll notice that there are shirt options that are marked "Made in the USA"

Here's one:

248259438_150x150_Front_Color-BlackWhite.JPG

Ps. I also am not big on the color briefcases... harder to identify as fast the new posts.

Briefcases? Is that what those things are? I don't really like them, either. I'm probably going to replace them when I get some inspiration.

It's new.

Briefcases? Is that what those things are? I don't really like them, either. I'm probably going to replace them when I get some inspiration.

I don't think they are briefcases. Briefcases tend to have centered handles. Maybe they are french horn cases...

Hey editor, Cafe Press shirts are screened on order, right? If that's the case, can you do the artwork on the back? I'd get a couple, but would rather not deal with the, uh, additional attention with TheHAIF on my chest.

Pics please.

Hey editor,

Cafe Press shirts are screened on order, right? If that's the case, can you do the artwork on the back? I'd get a couple, but would rather not deal with the, uh, additional attention with TheHAIF on my chest.

Not to be crass (well, maybe a little), but that would most assuredly bring attention to HAIF.

Just sayin'. :)

Archived