Nancy mentioned that this should be the tallest residential tower in Houston. This may have been based solely off of the # of stories, but I suspect she got that tidbit from the developer. 502 feet?

Either way, 500 feet will LOOK much taller in this location than 1PP does.

Nancy mentioned that this should be the tallest residential tower in Houston. This may have been based solely off of the # of stories, but I suspect she got that tidbit from the developer. 502 feet?

Either way, 500 feet will LOOK much taller in this location than 1PP does.

Taller then The Huntington? In that location it will make quite an impression on the skyline.

Place will have a bunch of competition with the 552 apartments that will be built across the street.

Culturemap:

Fein will construct three projects with a total of 552 units on a 10-acre tract at West Alabama and Las Palmas.

The aging Willowick Court Townhomes project is being torn down to yield the 10 acres.

Place will have a bunch of competition with the 552 apartments that will be built across the street.

Culturemap:

If the rents are comparable, then I don't see any competition. This unique tower will win out over the project that is going up across the street which is townhomes and 8 story apartment buildings that looks exactly like a bunch of other apartment buildings that are going up.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Look for Hines to develop the super block just east of this project - surrounded by W Alabama/Westheimer and Buffalo Speedway/private street just east of St. Luke's Methodist Church.

Looks like this isn't going to happen since St. John's school purchased the land.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Wiki says the Huntingdon is 34 stories and is currently the tallest residential in town and it's just around the corner in River Oaks, so this will eclipse it by 6 stories and I am guessing it will be the tallest residential in town.

EDIT: The latest info says this is only 35 stories. I've updated the thread title. So it will just be a single story taller than the Huntingdon.

Wiki says the Huntingdon is 34 stories and is currently the tallest residential in town and it's just around the corner in River Oaks, so this will eclipse it by 6 stories and I am guessing it will be the tallest residential in town.

EDIT: The latest info says this is only 35 stories. I've updated the thread title. So it will just be a single story taller than the Huntingdon.

Why did it go back to 35 stories ?