There is a difference between being annoying and unkind.

Of course there is, however I don't find my comment unkind when dealing with a person who is almost nothing but negative. It's one thing to have a negative day or week, but to barade the forum with posts like this are beyond rediculous. I'm not asking him to jump in a lake, I'm asking him to "go away" until he's got something of value or some sort of positive or constructive thing to say.

I think many share my sentiments seeing all of the "likes" I got from the comment. Wasn't going for "likes", but it does say something.

• Like 5

LTAWACS wastes all our time. Many times when I check new posts on this site I view 4 or 5 threads where he has left a one word respones like ugh. I've just wasted my time opening multiple threads where there is nothing new to read. It's like spam.

Yep... To steal something Red said a year or two ago: "Your posts make my eyes bleed."

• 4 weeks later...

When a sign says ''coming,'' does that mean it will be finished by Summer 2014 or does it mean construction starts Summer 2014?

This has been debated on this very same thread. No one is clear on an exact definition thus far.

To me, "coming" means the same as groundbreaking in the case of buildings... but thats just what I understand it to mean.

Summer of 2014, assuming June, gives them 21 months, on an already clear site to dig a big hole, erect a crane, and start coming out of the ground. Once they get to the more typical floorplan these things usually rise at about a floor a week, keeping in mind the first several levels if retail, parking garage and mecanical areas will not be typical and rise much slower. It's not impossible, but would be a very fast build, and theres no way the interior would be finished and move in ready... this is why I see it being more feasible that we will see the starts of a crane in summer of 2014 rather than an entire building. If they plan on topping off the structure in 2014 then they need to get building...like right now.

It can go either way, like for instance the new JW Marriott convention center hotel in Austin says coming early 2015. Right now they already dug a gaint hole in the ground with construction workers and equipment on site.

Edited by JoninATX

They have all financing in place then I assume?

didn't ask but i'd assume so, yes. there are several interesting projects going on in the Greenway area. 20 story office + hotel seems like a certainty, in addition to several other office/mized-use projects on the table. should be interesting.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Drove by again today. Looks like they are digging up the old concrete remaining from the parking lot that used to be on the property as well as clearing brush and a few trees. There is a large portion of the site that is now just flat, smoothed out dirt. This looks like site preparation to me. I wonder if there will be a formal ground breaking ceremony soon.

• Like 2