If it says Coming 2013, that's the projected date for the building to be completely finished.

"Coming 2013" seems unrealistic for a 35 story building to be completely finished when as of now there is still an untouched plot. I believe Coming 2013 simply means this is when it will start, not when it will finish. 2727 Kirby as a comparison took over a year and a half from foundation to top off and almost another year for a finished exterior. That was 30 floors, this one is 35. I'd expect to see goings on picking up as this year goes on, and the beginnings of a foundation late this year at the earliest.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

According to this week's HBJ, PM Realty plans to break ground this quarter on the apartment tower.

The main article was about how PM Realty Group hired the guy away from The Woodlands Co. to lead their development team. Hidden in the article was a gem about PM Realty having two other inner loop sites in play for possible development.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Just passed by, there are workers on site and appear to be taking out some of the trees on the lot.

Concrete has been dug up in some portions and there are some big piles of sand. I'm not sure if it is related but in the parking lot across the street near the ATT building there is all sorts of metal part.

Regardless the prep work on this building seems to have started.

• Like 1

I enjoyed the pun, but it's made me reflect on the meaning of the word "meter." A Geiger Counter is so named because it counts the number of times a gas inside a sealed tube becomes ionized by radiation, which is an amazingly cool phenomenon when you think about it. The chamber has electrodes at either end with a high voltage difference. When one of the gas molecules is struck by radiation, a pair of ions is created (a positively charged gas molecule, and an electron) which accelerate towards the electrodes. The electron gains sufficient energy to ionize additional gas molecules, creating an avalanche of ionization events, and generating enough electrons to produce a measurable spike in current. Each time this happens is recorded as a count -- the expected 'clicking' of the Geiger Counter. Anyway, an excuse to read back up on this stuff in the middle of the night.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Update from the Chronicle:

http://blog.chron.com/primeproperty/2012/06/unique-design-on-proposed-inner-loop-tower/

Here’s an image of the high-rise planned for the site of the old Confederate House restaurant (and later the State Grille). Developer PM Realty Group says it hopes to break ground on the 39-story tower in the third quarter, but it first needs to hire a contractor and secure a construction loan. The RTKL-designed building is planned for the northeast corner of West Alabama and Weslayan. It will have 254 rental units.

Jessie, they are looking to break ground 3 quarter this year if they can maintain their schedule.

it hopes to break ground on the 39-story tower in the third quarter

LTAWACS...remind me to appoint you head Hurricane forecaster...if you are going to make something up, at least you will be among peers. <_<

Edited by Pumapayam
  • Like 2

Jessie, they are looking to break ground 3 quarter this year if they can maintain their schedule.

A plan without a construction loan is not very firm in my opinion. We all know financing is very hard to come by these days, so I'm not holding my breathe. That's why I'm asking how far in advanced they normally finalize those before breaking ground. To me, I would have thought that should have been done by now. But I could be wrong, so that's why I'm hoping someone knows.

• 2 months later...

From Sept 2. Absolutely nothing going on at the site.

Again, they are estimating construction to start in the 3rd quarter.

Which at the earliest would be October, and not every project starts on time.

I think the photo you posted is a non issue. Give it a few more months.

Again, they are estimating construction to start in the 3rd quarter.

Which at the earliest would be October, and not every project starts on time.

I think the photo you posted is a non issue. Give it a few more months.

Agreed, the photo is a non-issue. But for the record, the 3rd quarter started July 1 and ends Sept 30.