I don't think the Huntingdon is ugly - very 1980s but not ugly.  You can almost see the mirrored walls, and carpet in the units with the white w/ gold trimmed faux (or real) French styled furniture throughout.  In actuality I'm sure it is quite chic in most units, as I do believe it is quite expensive (certainly in a nice neighborhood).

• Like 1

So I'm back home here in Houston visiting family and this building is going to be MASSIVE!!! I don't know if it's halfway done or just a little over, but if you double its size, I would go on and say that it will be the Transco of Greenway Plaza. (Even though it's technically not in GP). I damn near caused a wreck admiring its beauty. This is the reason why I usally park my car at a friend's and have them drive me around when I visit.

Also, as I was enjoying my birthday weekend here, I noticed- HOUSTON HAS GROWN!!! Where are all of these people coming from? I asked my friends if there was some convention going on that weekend or something. Excuse the excessive use of capitilizaed letters and exclamations, I just LOVE THIS CITY!!!

• Like 4

Well... Houston is the fastest growing major city in America thanks in part to the oil/energy boom happening all over the place due to the various shale oil finds.  Houston is the center for almost all of those companies and as such its a place with a large amount of needed jobs.  Besides that, the local economy wasn't as damaged by the recession and we've been attracting out of state workers by the truck-load.

We're actually just starting to see the signs of large scale growth.