It is taking them a loooong time to erect the cranes, when other projects pop them up in no time. I'm surprised they are building something this out of the ordinary in Houston these days. I thought they would have cancelled this project.

I think that's a valid observation. What seems to be the hold up on this tower?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

When you drive by this thing, with how close it is to the street corner it looks huge, and it's only 5 floors high... 35 to go!

And I'll get some shots soon from a completely different angle atop another nearby building, where you can really see it impact the skyline (not the AT&T building unfortunately, haha)

OK, now that I promised I'd do this, hopefully that'll lock me in to actually getting it done!

• Like 5

Does anyone know home many residential highrises are currently under construction in Houston?

Under Construction

1. Skyhouse

2. The Sovereign

3. The Ashby High Rise

4. 2929 Weslayan

5. Hanover Post Oak in BLVD Place

6. Whiteco tower-may be completed

I think these will break ground soon

7. Astoria

8. Belfiore

Rumored

9. Hines Downtown

10. Hines Museum District

11. Texaco building renovation and construction of 38 story tower.

Not sure if you call it a highrise, but Emporis would... the 12 story Hanover Tower in Rice Village is moving forward. The garden store and small apartment building are now vacant and fenced off. Demolition should start very soon.

• Like 1

Not sure if you call it a highrise, but Emporis would... the 12 story Hanover Tower in Rice Village is moving forward. The garden store and small apartment building are now vacant and fenced off. Demolition should start very soon.

by all technical accounts 12 stories is definitely a high-rise. the city of houston considers anything over 5 to be a highrise.

I've always heard the definition of a highrise is a building where the floor of the top floor exceeds 75 feet. This is the point where the reach for ladder trucks is exceeded.

Depending on floor heights a 5-7 story structure can easily be considered a highrise. 12 is no question.

Under Construction

1. Skyhouse

2. The Sovereign

3. The Ashby High Rise

4. 2929 Weslayan

5. Hanover Post Oak in BLVD Place

6. Whiteco tower-may be completed

I think these will break ground soon

7. Astoria

8. Belfiore

Rumored

9. Hines Downtown

10. Hines Museum District

11. Texaco building renovation and construction of 38 story tower.

I didn't know this was under construction. Isn't this the 29-story circular tower?