Thanks, I had missed that image. I think the glass rails will look really nice. I just hope they have the issue solved that plagued the W in Austin with the glass rails. I also like the treatment of the overlapping layer look on the corner.

not to derail the thread, but......observe the beautiful contrast between the cement patios and the blue colored glass or protective covers; now, imagine how wonderful and sleek the exxonmobil building downtown would look with a sensitive remodel.  aqua glass gleaming between the bright white (clean) brise soleil.  i'm just sayin'.......

i absolutely love this building.  i hope it delivers for the residents and that the new building across the street is equally interesting.

• Like 2

Great! It should be nice for the area and hopefully it has a rippling affect.

That's a great point because I drove by today and thought the same thing. It's not like that area surrounding the tower is ugly, but it is in dire need of some connecting developments with its surroundings. I think this tower is going to create that connection.

The shot looking down West Alabama made me think of the fact that we would have a much more attractive inner city IF we could simply reduce the number of above ground power lines!  I still can't figure out all the advances in technology over the past 130 (or so) years and we still have power moving the same way down the same poles across the same streets just as we would if this was 1910, 1930, 1950 and it is 2014!

End of rant.  Sorry.

• Like 4

The shot looking down West Alabama made me think of the fact that we would have a much more attractive inner city IF we could simply reduce the number of above ground power lines!  I still can't figure out all the advances in technology over the past 130 (or so) years and we still have power moving the same way down the same poles across the same streets just as we would if this was 1910, 1930, 1950 and it is 2014!

End of rant.  Sorry.

Wow so true. I understand underground wiring is more expensive and time consuming but you'd think we'd at least develop a way to bring that cost down by now.

However, after traveling through various Latin American countries, I've learned to be slightly more comfortable with our exposed infrastructure. In Guatemala City I passed through what I thought was a tunnel but turned out to be just exposed wire that completely blocked out the sun. It looks so industrial and was likely put up in a hurry with little to no planning.