More Pizza Options Coming Soon On Highway 290

jimcas

Candeleri's Pizza opened this weekend in the shopping center off 290 and Spring Cypress, near Newk's and McAllisters, and a new pizza place is also coming near the Chipotle on 290 and hwy 6.

http://houston.bizjournals.com/houston/sto...6936000^1613220

Ugh! First TXU, now Russo's?

Actually, the whole coal-fired pie is great. Mrs. Porchman and I went through some of the grandfathered joints in Greenwich Village last October. We may make the trip when it opens.

I've had coal fired pizza and it is incredibly good. I hope this place is good too.

BTW, Candelari's rocks -- went there last weekend. Superb. They will make a killing now that NY Pizzeria had their fallout with the franchisee's at the Spring-Cypress location. Other than Wood Fired Pizza (which doesn't deliver and has no dining area) and maybe Napoli, this is the only decent pizza place that I know of in Cypress (aside from the usual mass-market crap).

I've had coal fired pizza and it is incredibly good. I hope this place is good too.

BTW, Candelari's rocks -- went there last weekend. Superb. They will make a killing now that NY Pizzeria had their fallout with the franchisee's at the Spring-Cypress location. Other than Wood Fired Pizza (which doesn't deliver and has no dining area) and maybe Napoli, this is the only decent pizza place that I know of in Cypress (aside from the usual mass-market crap).

and it shows, got a pick up order there last Saturday and it took over an hour. That said the dining room was nice and the bar was cool, actually reminded me quite a bit of NY Pizzeria (although with better food). The kitchen was crazy and there wasn't a single available table inside or out...I am guessing they are gonna be pretty successful.

rigias used to make a pretty mean pie... brother on 45 and cypresswood makes a damn good ny style pizza.

• The title was changed to More Pizza Options Coming Soon On Highway 290

Archived