Houston Trivia Game

Sevfiv has a clue. He collaborated with 3D on the corporate headquarters for the same entity. It's located a few blocks away. Think really famous.

That corporate HQ is the tallest building in Houston, by the way.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Answer to your second question: Kennedy Trading Post, now La Carafe, 1848?

this is not the oldest building in houston. i believe it is the oldest commercial building in houston.

Goooooooooaaaaaaaaaalllllllll! As an aside, it had only been open for about 13 months before TSA.

Alright, what trivia do you have for us?

i'm still trying to figure out the longest street. not sure we came to a definitive answer there. i will come up with a question shortly.

Dr. Denton Cooley.

Sorry, I had to Google. In atonement, I will offer two questions:

1. Houston has more __________ than any city in the world except Bonn, Germany. Hint: it's not cheap beer and it's not BMW's. It is transportation-related.

2. What circus pioneer is buried in Houston, and where? Hint: It's not Glenwood Cemetery.

Dr. Denton Cooley. Sorry, I had to Google. In atonement, I will offer two questions: 1. Houston has more __________ than any city in the world except Bonn, Germany. Hint: it's not cheap beer and it's not BMW's. It is transportation-related. 2. What circus pioneer is buried in Houston, and where? Hint: It's not Glenwood Cemetery.

Strip clubs/P.T Barnum

Yes, on #2. Mollie Bailey, who was the owner of one of the smaller circuses that eventually became part of Ringling Brothers and Barnum and Bailey. She is buried in Hollywood Cemetery. http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/...s/BB/fba12.html No, on #1, it is not strip clubs. My source is the early-80s Marmac Guide to Houston.

Yea I was being funny, I'm gonna say either freeways, traffic lights or stop signs, amirite?

Railroad cossings. Makes sense. It's why I always take Yale on my way to church.

Porchman pwns this game, he's a walking Houston almanac!

Sorry to disrupt the flow, but I didn't realize Pei designed this. Was their a fourth fan blade at some point? It looks like it was chopped off.

In the design or the building itself?

Maybe the design only required so many tellers. Or they were restricted by partial block ownership, sharing it with a surface parking owner.

Archived