Houston Trivia Game

A fun and educating thread!

Here's how it works:

First to answer correctly poses their own Houston Trivia question, and so on and so forth. Try not to google the answers.

I'll start......

What is the longest street in Houston?

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You got it but read the first post, first person with the right answer poses the next Houston Trivia question ;)

Was Main the correct answer ?

What about one street that changes name 4 times.... Hilcroft-Voss-Bingle-N Houston Rosslyn

Little York from Fry to Mesa is 37 miles.

I like the idea of this thread...

Maybe when the correct answer is reached, the question poser responds with the question and answer in bold.. plus additional links or info to back up the answer would be cool.

Was Main the correct answer ?

What about one street that changes name 4 times.... Hilcroft-Voss-Bingle-N Houston Rosslyn

Little York from Fry to Mesa is 37 miles.

I like the idea of this thread...

Maybe when the correct answer is reached, the question poser responds with the question and answer in bold.. plus additional links or info to back up the answer would be cool.

You got it
I think this meant *ding* *ding* *ding* *ding* *ding* *ding* *ding* YOU GOT IT CORRECT, CONGRATULATIONS (Pee Wee Herman Scream) AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

Was Main the correct answer ? What about one street that changes name 4 times.... Hilcroft-Voss-Bingle-N Houston Rosslyn Little York from Fry to Mesa is 37 miles. I like the idea of this thread... Maybe when the correct answer is reached, the question poser responds with the question and answer in bold.. plus additional links or info to back up the answer would be cool.

You know, I was goin by chrons answer but if you count east little york and wast little york that's gotta be the longest.

Ill ask the next one.

Oldest building in Houston, and post the stats.

You got it but read the first post, first person with the right answer poses the next Houston Trivia question ;)

Yeah, I thought I had it, but I kept waiting for you to confirm the answer! I didn't know if I was right or not.

Answer to your second question: Kennedy Trading Post, now La Carafe, 1848?

My question: Name the hotel and suite number where Houston's power brokers would meet back in the day to plot strategies for the city.

Yeah, I thought I had it, but I kept waiting for you to confirm the answer! Then HAIF started doing this thing where all the replies are indexed at the bottom instead of displayed in order and I didn't see this one.

Answer to your second question: Kennedy Trading Post, now La Carafe, 1848?

My question: Name the hotel and suite number where Houston's power brokers would meet back in the day to plot strategies for the city.

Lamar, 8-F

Yeah, I thought I had it, but I kept waiting for you to confirm the answer! I didn't know if I was right or not. Answer to your second question: Kennedy Trading Post, now La Carafe, 1848?

Nice!

Here's an eeeeeeeeeasy one, and give me a year:

What was the first freeway built in H-town?

Lamar, 8-F

What's this all about?

Clue! Local architect? Time period?

I say we have multiple questions going, it'll be more fun that way in case we get stuck on one, we'll still get the answer from the question asker.

Here's another easy one, what famous Hollywood producer was Hobby Airport once named after?

howard hughes

wayne_excellent.jpg

The site was acquired by the City of Houston and was named Houston Municipal Airport in 1937. The airport was renamed Howard R. Hughes Airport in 1938. Howard Hughes was responsible for several improvements to the airport, including its first control tower, built in 1938. The airport's name was changed back to Houston Municipal because Hughes was living at the time and regulations did not allow federal improvement funds for an airport named after a living person.

Sevfiv has a clue. He collaborated with 3D on the corporate headquarters for the same entity. It's located a few blocks away. Think really famous.

For some reason I wanted to say Frank Lloyd Wright when you first posted it.

Archived