1972 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme 70k miles

TJones

Ok, I have finally gone and done it. I am selling my car. WHY, do you ask ? I need a new project, and I need some money to do that project. No apologies for this headturner. 3 years to restore from the ground up. It is built to drive. No Rust no Bondo, no Worries. New engine,with 1500 miles on it, the original Olds Rocket 350 bored .30 over, with Federal Mogul kit, Edelbrock Performer RPM manifold, Edelbrock 1407 carb, re-worked heads, double roller timing chain, Holley Blue electric racing fuel pump, New forged crank, Comp Cam and lifters, new power steering pump, new water pump, new alternator, Hedmann Headers w/Remflex gaskets, B&M shift kit on 350 Turbo-Hydro tranny and Flowmaster exhaust. Interior is all new using OEM materials from GM installed by Stitches on Hwy.6. Paint work done by S&T auto body of Katy, over 140 hours into paint and body alone. 1000 watt MP3 stereo system. Only 70k original miles on car. Protecto Plate and all owner's manuals with car. This is one of the most SOLID Oldsmobiles in the country. Get in and drive ANYWHERE !!! Will consider trade for Harley Road King Classic of equal value. FYI, NADA says this car is worth $22250.

gallery_1279_48_7162.jpggallery_1279_48_5226.jpg

gallery_1279_48_4008.jpg

• 11 months later...

Ahhh, nice, the Cutlass was always one of my favs, especially the 442 fastback. Also the 69 gto w' honeycomb grill, those nice ribbed seats & doors, and of course, the corvette (yr?) split window coupe.

I used to see a lot of those Olds. convertibles runnin' around Bellaire, a while back.

Good price. Wish I could afford it right now. I was at my cousins house a month ago and got to drive her 72 Cutlass. She also just had the engine rebuilt.

Olds1.jpg

That's exactly the same model (and convertible) I once had. Mine was dark blue. Only have old pics of the gang headed to the beach etc. I regret selling it too! :(

Never seen an orange Cutlass before, but a turquoise fastback lived down the street from me, growing up. The "Bullitt" dark green mustang GT is nice, as well.

If your talking about my cousins car, it looks orange in the picture but is actually "copper".

land yachts.

You would be mistaken. It actually weighs less than the the 2000 on up Mustang GT. It is only 3200lbs. it is about 6 inches longer though. Oh, and this is what she looks like now with 17" Cragars and bigger footprints.

post-1279-1236143813.jpg

Very nice TJones. I've always had a soft spot for Olds. When I was 16, a friend of mine used to take us out in his dads 69 442 convertible (unrestored but somewhat souped up). We caused all kinds of trouble in that thing. He eventually got a restored 442 of his own.

I got an 86 442 with ~30k miles in ~2000:

442.jpg

I sold it in 2002 to start our business. It was a slow dog, but I miss it sometimes.

flipper

I like copper. I had an El Camino Super Sport 442 in the early 1990s, boy, was it fast.

I think you mean an el camino with the monte carlo ss trim. No such thing as a 442 chevy. Calling those fast is very generous :)

flipper

I think you mean an el camino with the monte carlo ss trim. No such thing as a 442 chevy. Calling those fast is very generous :)

flipper

I stand corrected, (the girl in me is shining through), it was a 1980's el camino w/ that monte carlo sticker trim. (Didn't care for that sticker stuff), but the car was really nice. Special ordered from the factory. Remember somewhere hearing that it had a 4 barrel, must have had a smaller size engine, just know it was quick off the light. :P

My dad had some nice cars, one was a 1965 GTO.

I prefer those older cars, 1960's-1970's.

You would be mistaken. It actually weighs less than the the 2000 on up Mustang GT. It is only 3200lbs. it is about 6 inches longer though. Oh, and this is what she looks like now with 17" Cragars and bigger footprints.

post-1279-1236143813.jpg

I'm kidding... I'm sure these cars are fast... but how would they handle something like this:

1165969071407-1121892206.gif

flipper

This is my '72 El Camino SS454. It will pass everything but a gas station.

car037-2.jpg

Archived