The Egg & I Restaurant At 14079 Memorial Dr.

KatieDidIt

Oh we are all so excited. We can walk to a nice breakfast Sunday morning and then afterwards turn the corner and walk it off on the Terry Hershey Trails. :D

Good to see this area start taking off. I guess all the Class A buildings they are building in the eastern EC are really going to affect much of the commercial around here.

PS- Dry Clean Planet, right next to the new Egg & I is some of the best & cheapest dry cleaning and fluff and fold around.

Every time I see a post that references West Memorial, I bite, and then realize people mean the west end of Memorial drive. West Memorial was the first subdivision on Mason Rd in the mid 70s. My alma mater West Memorial Jr. High, where life was dazed and confused, was the first school in the district not in Katy.

Is the name 'West Memorial' to distinguish from the Villages, and other hoods east of the beltway? I'm familiar with Ashford Forest, Thornwood, Fleetwood, Shakespeare's etc.

Every time I see a post that references West Memorial, I bite, and then realize people mean the west end of Memorial drive. West Memorial was the first subdivision on Mason Rd in the mid 70s. My alma mater West Memorial Jr. High, where life was dazed and confused, was the first school in the district not in Katy.

Is the name 'West Memorial' to distinguish from the Villages, and other hoods east of the beltway? I'm familiar with Ashford Forest, Thornwood, Fleetwood, Shakespeare's etc.

Yes, I mean the neighborhoods of Wilchester, Nottingham Forest, Gaywood etc. We are not really the Villages, but we are still in SBISD and on Memorial, so techinically its still Memorial. But so not to offend the TRUE Memorial Villages, we have been termed West Memorial. Areas west of Dairy Ashford don't seem to be allowed to hold the title "West Memorial," but rather West Houston. I guess that's just too far out? I don't know, just going by what the locals tell me. Trying to assimulate you know. ;)

I have heard the Katy association confusion before. Life really was easier when I just could say, Tanglewood. No blurry lines with that one.

Egg & I is like a cozy, upscale joint, but serves downhome style fair. I have been told it started in Colorado and grew into a Beck's Prime size chain there.

Oooh - I am not all about chains/franchises, but this will make me make the drive down memorial!

web site:

http://www.theeggandirestaurants.com/

I hear you on the chain thing! But the food here looks beyond chain quality, plus I like what the company stands for.

Its just fun to have something like this go in that makes our neighborhood walkable. After living for a few years where you had to drive 3 miles to just get the basics, this is neat. Also like I said, the proximity to the park will make it fun. I understand they are going to put a pretty good sized bike rack in.

PS. You should give Bistro Provence a chance out here one day. Its an awesome comfort,french meal. Its within 1/3 of a mile for us too. We walk up there, get stuffed, drink a couple bottles of wine then waddle home a couple times a month.

Oh we are all so excited. We can walk to a nice breakfast Sunday morning and then afterwards turn the corner and walk it off on the Terry Hershey Trails. :D

Good to see this area start taking off. I guess all the Class A buildings they are building in the eastern EC are really going to affect much of the commercial around here.

PS- Dry Clean Planet, right next to the new Egg & I is some of the best & cheapest dry cleaning and fluff and fold around.

Have you seen all of those giant peacocks? I think they prefer to stay in the subdivision just above the park (off Kirkwood), rather than the trail itself.

Have you seen all of those giant peacocks? I think they prefer to stay in the subdivision just above the park (off Kirkwood), rather than the trail itself.

Yes, they stay on the other side of Kirkwood thank goodness. We hear them sometimes though and live in fear they found the trail under Kirkwood. We know people over in Nottingham Forest that would like to strangle them!

• 3 months later...
Yes, I mean the neighborhoods of Wilchester, Nottingham Forest, Gaywood etc. We are not really the Villages, but we are still in SBISD and on Memorial, so techinically its still Memorial. But so not to offend the TRUE Memorial Villages, we have been termed West Memorial. Areas west of Dairy Ashford don't seem to be allowed to hold the title "West Memorial," but rather West Houston. I guess that's just too far out? I don't know, just going by what the locals tell me. Trying to assimulate you know.

I live on Memorial west of Eldridge and I always said West Memorial. Although now I tend to say Energy Corridor because the area is now getting its own reputatation.

My dad had a peacock in his backyard for 3 months 2 years ago. We figured it had escaped from the Kikarillo estate. It ate the dog's food.

BTW - The Egg and I is awesome. Ate their last week. Very affordable as well.

• The title was changed to The Egg & I Restaurant At 14079 Memorial Dr.

Archived