wxman

Residential tower on left, hotel on right

2409330854_076d737cc8.jpg?v=0

Entire Square. I know for sure the one on the far left is being completed now. The one on the far right I think has been done, I think.

2409330852_e417809ce6.jpg?v=0

This will be adjacent to Waterway Drive

2409339290_e86de2bc77.jpg?v=0

Another one

2409339286_3f13770c82.jpg?v=0

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

behind the condo tower is going to be a parking garage with retail. the condo tower and hotel also have retail slated for the bottom floors. is this a new poster on the square? it's different than the one on the waterway avenue bridge.

The first two are of the one on the bridge. The last two are below it, near the waterfall wall, on the east side of that big whole where those buildings will go. There's also a poster of just the condo tower on the site it will be built. It's on the wood fence closer to the fountain. I took a pic but it was blurry.

Residential tower on left, hotel on right

2409330854_076d737cc8.jpg?v=0

Entire Square. I know for sure the one on the far left is being completed now. The one on the far right I think has been done, I think.

2409330852_e417809ce6.jpg?v=0

This will be adjacent to Waterway Drive

2409339290_e86de2bc77.jpg?v=0

Another one

2409339286_3f13770c82.jpg?v=0

All three towers on the left are not built because I went there tonight with friends. There were blue lights all over the place... sort of strange. They even had bands playing down there where that tower on the left is.

behind the condo tower is going to be a parking garage with retail. the condo tower and hotel also have retail slated for the bottom floors. is this a new poster on the square? it's different than the one on the waterway avenue bridge.

Actually the poster lockmat shot replaced the old one. I ended up there on Sunday afternoon and I was kinda surprised how people were having picnics around the fountain, letting the kids play in the smaller jets closest to the walkway and so forth. Of course, it caught my attention when I came across the project signs scattered around the site, relatively close to where the buildings should appear.

Here's the old poster to compare with

OldWaterwaySqPoster.jpg

NewWaterwaySqPoster.jpg

The Condo tower (I counted at least 22 floors)

1WSP.jpg

Residential/Retail adjacent, extending to the east

WSP.jpg

Hotel & Condos near the waterway

WoodlandsHotelCondo.jpg

Where was this one at exactly? And what is that building in the background on the left? Sure doesn't look like Anadarko.

It's just to the right of the fountain & plaza. I think it's supposed to be a silhouette of the condo building based on how the buildings seem to be arranged in the renderings.

heard a rumor today that tinseltown, the parking garage beside it and the lot where the ice rink is usually located is being developed into mixed use at some point. that's a rumor from a new source. take it with a grain of salt. the empty lot at six pines & lake robbins will be surface parking while the condo tower & other building are built for worker parking.

That's great news if true. I wouldn't be surprised if another movie theatre is included in the development since the newer one has an age limit after a certain time. I was wondering if they were ever gonna do something with that corner lot where the rink usually goes.

I hope some day in the future they tear down the mall and make something really great in its place.

• 10 months later...

So all the stuff they have built in TW looks lovely, but tell me why they persist in building each little development as a pod attached to 4-lane divided roads that are a pain to navigate? You have to get in your car, circle around the block, find another parking spot, just to go from one "walkable" development to another.

"Master Planned" my ass. Those "master planners" should have taken a field trip to Bethesda, Maryland or White Plains, NY to learn how a REAL satellite urban center should look and feel on the street.

• 2 months later...
Went to the Woodlands last week.

This tower is going to be on the right side of the photo in front of that parking garage you can kinda make out in the back.

I thought it was going to be on the north side of the waterway, next to the parking garage across the street from the movie theatre?

it is supposed to have retail components facing lake robbins. it will extend the retail from hubbell & hudson east. so far, i'm not sure how they plan to make it look nice at street level. time will tell.

the parking appears to be separate from the space that fronts lake robbins.

• 1 month later...

isnt 22 stories high enough to make a good mark on the "skyline".

22 stories alone should make it the 2nd tallest building in the Woodlands...

Have any renderings been posted on how it will look in the area?

didnt feel like looking though the thread...sorry

Is the residential tower under construction now?

no. the parking garage next to where it will be is almost complete though. I'm not sure if the garage will be for it or the other buildings next to it. The sign I saw last week said it would be ready by 2011.

• 3 years later...

I think it looks better being all glass, the previous design had too much Beige. I'm glad they kept the curve in the design. America's is in the building that's already built on the left side of the rendering, correct?

it's one bldg further west - not shown.

Archived