St. Regis Residences & Future Multifamily On Asbury Pl.

SpaceCity

"In the intervening months, construction costs have gotten away from them which will push the cost of even the newly designed smaller units up. "

How do you know about the Construction budget? Also there was no interview process for these buildings for a contractor. The budget was presented to Orion for tower one, and the clubhouse over a year ago. There was no sticker shock then.

i still think they horribly misjudged their audience. there aren't that many people that can afford something like that... and out of those... very, very few that would want to LIVE in something that looked like that...

i think it would have been more successful in dallas where there are tons of silver haired old women that would love to live in a gawdy pink building with a gold flame on top.

i still think they horribly misjudged their audience. there aren't that many people that can afford something like that... and out of those... very, very few that would want to LIVE in something that looked like that...

i think it would have been more successful in dallas where there are tons of silver haired old women that would love to live in a gawdy pink building with a gold flame on top.

I think there is a market for them. Many people may wealth people may live in another city but also want a home in Houston where they would not have to maintaine a yard. The two Orion towers would be the perfect place for rich part-time RiverOaks Residence.

While I agree that they misjudged their audience, but I do not think people refused to buy because of how the building looks. I mean just look at the Huntigton in river oaks. It is just a white box. Or the Mercer, last I heard there were only 2 units left (several months ago). Not to mention it isn't very pink and there is no gold flame shooting out of the top.

Edited by YakuzaIce

As long as there website is up, I am not giving up on them.

Thats funny. Websites don't mean jack ____ ... domains cost 4 bucks a year and webhosting 4 bucks a month. I know companies that have been bankrupt and out of business for YEARS and their websites are still up.

Edited by danes75

Why do so many companies come in to the Houston area and say that they will build all these towers and non of them ever happen. Let me show you

Orion 1

Orion 2

Mercer 2

Shamrock Tower

The Redstone

The Monaco

Riparian?????

I can go on......

Is this a sign of Houstons economy?

Edited by citykid09

Why do so many companies come in to the Houston area and say that they will build all these towers and non of them ever happen. Let me show you

Orion 1

Orion 2

Redstone

Mercer 2

Shamrock Tower

The Redstone

The Monaco

Riparian?????

I can go on......

Is this a sign of Houstons economy?

*Redstone is mentioned twice.

And there are reasons. There too pricey. They think that only the rich want to live the High-rise life, but its not entirely true. But I can only say that for all but the Shamrock Tower, which had alot of potential.

*Redstone is mentioned twice.

And there are reasons. There too pricey. They think that only the rich want to live the High-rise life, but its not entirely true. But I can only say that for all but the Shamrock Tower, which had alot of potential.

Still that is alot of projects and that makes me not believe any of the new projects proposed for Houston.

I have also heard on another fourm that the Boulevard Place mixuse project in Uptown, and the Downtown Pavilions have both been put on hold.

Still that is alot of projects and that makes me not believe any of the new projects proposed for Houston.

I have also heard on another fourm that the Boulevard Place mixuse project in Uptown, and the Downtown Pavilions have both been put on hold.

Don't believe everything you read, especially not from some random person on a forum.

I mean if I said Pavillions is going to start construction tomorrow would you believe me?

Edited by YakuzaIce

Well look at Domion @ Post Oak. The original project (not by EDI) was cancelled. Then when EDI made plans to build a high-rise there, back in 2001, they stoped because of 9/11. It didn't start construction till nearly 3 years later.

You can't say a project is a failure, unless the company its-self releases a statement saying that the project is completely cancelled. Or, if the sales office mysteriously dissapears... (Shamrock).

And by the way, is this the site of what was suppose to be the Shamrock?

feowmt.jpg

I was Downtown Sunday afternoon and the sign and trailer (Shamrock) were still there.

Thats good so people from out of town will think the town is booming when they see the sign. :lol: I Showed my relatives who live in Boston the Shamrock sign when they came to Houston at the begining of the year, by then I knew that it wouldn't be built but I didn't tell them that.

Both, the trailer and the sign were there as recently as last week. The trailer is locked and unoccupied, though.

BTW, I LOVE the New West Building. Such an improvement over the Old West Building.

:lol:

Looks like the rehab of the West building that was announced never took place either. Has anyone heard what happened?

Thats good so people from out of town will think the town is booming when they see the sign. :lol: I Showed my relatives who live in Boston the Shamrock sign when they came to Houston at the begining of the year, by then I knew that it wouldn't be built but I didn't tell them that.

Citykid, although Houston may not be booming it has put quite a few residential towers in the last 5 or 6 years. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong but I've counted about 10 towers over this time.

My point is that were not teetering on the edge of the planet about to fall off.

Orion is currently on hold due to some of the 5000 sf units being split to make more 2500 sf units. However, the owners want to have a good number of 5000 sf units for sale so they are adding 3 floors to the building making it 40 stories total. The redesign will hopefully be complete in January.

Orion is currently on hold due to some of the 5000 sf units being split to make more 2500 sf units. However, the owners want to have a good number of 5000 sf units for sale so they are adding 3 floors to the building making it 40 stories total. The redesign will hopefully be complete in January.

How do you know this? i hope you're right.