St. Regis Residences & Future Multifamily On Asbury Pl.

SpaceCity

This is no different than any high-rise development around the country. Some places the demand is so high (like Vegas and Miami) that they are being build left and right and there is know problems selling all the units.

Just selling the bare minimum here doesn't always work out.

That concrete cost is not just impacting this kind of construction. It is hitting highway construction fairly hard too. I thought this project was on a more sound footing than Shamrock. To some extent it was, but things always don't work out.

I will beat anyone that the Pavillion on Post Oak project doesn't happen eatheir, and also the Town & Country project won't happen.

violence wont solve any issues ;)

pavillion has a good shot. wolff has experience with meyerland, the deal by t&c, and what-cha-ma-callit at 45 and 610.

sorry for the memory lapses... brain checked out prior to getting my approval, i guess :huh:

Also, the Memorial City project is currently under. And what we see right now is only a part of the $700 million project.

Houston-development, have you hear anything about the 2727 Kirby Project. The website is nice, but Orion had a good one too. Any rumors or feelings about his project. There is also the proposed mix-used development across Kirby on the River Oaks Tennis club place.

I told y'all earlier about this. I know it will come up soon are later. Houston projects have fail, and the only building that is going up today is Med. Offices, or Hosptials, which its a plus, but for a big city like Houston it needs more entertainment revene.

Downtown Houston sucks big time! No doubt about it. They can't get nothing going in that area.

Uptown and Medical Center are the only ones trying to stay alive, but I think Medical Center have more projects going then anything right now.

I guess its just a matter of time for downtown to shine.

Honestly, I wouldn't care if Orion was built or not because it will not do anything for the city but put another building in the skyline. Some of these mixed use projects I would love to see built especially the one in downtown, Houston Pavilions, but these condo towers that are isolated from the rest of the city streets do nothing for us. Look what it has done for Uptown. Not a damn thing. We we still complain about the urban fabric in our city even if these condo towers are built or not. Say the Orion was being built in a pedestrain friendly area with street level amenities and not gated in from the rest of civilization, lol, I would be on the developers asses emailing them and trying to find out when these buildings will be built, but for the most part I could give a rat's ass. BTW, I think that Redstone is highly overrated too to start at $1,000,000.

Houston-development, have you hear anything about the 2727 Kirby Project.  The website is nice, but Orion had a good one too.  Any rumors or feelings about his project.  There is also the proposed mix-used development across Kirby on the River Oaks Tennis club place.

i gave you all the info i had in the appropriate thread here.

only difference being atlas has since closed and i believe gables announced a mixed-use development in addition to the high/mid-rise

I don't care what you guys say, I still say that the 2 Orion Towers will be a big addition to the Houston Skyline. They will make the skyline look even more larger than it allready is.

You don't understand. Don't you think we have enough skyscrapers already? All you are worried about is how a city's skyline will look from miles away but not about how a city's streetlife would look like. Do you really think that skyscrapers make a city? Some of the greatest cities in the world don't have a skyline like Houston's. Do you think they really care? No. Pretty much you are saying this half of a billion dollar project will make this city better because another structure would stand in Houston's skyline. Honestly what does that do for the city? Put a half a billion dollars into parks into downtown, restoring historic buildings in downtown, build midrise apartment buildings to make a greater community in downtown with street level amenities. You know, the stuff I even hear you complaining about in this forum. A half a billion dollars can go a long way you know than settling people in overpriced condos hidden away from the rest of the city.

So do would you rather night see this project happen? Or you don't care if it does?

Why would I want to see this project happen? A $400-500 million dollar project that just shows a building in the Houston skyline which is not that tall in the first place. I rather see more work happen in the center of the city to make downtown a full 24 hour hour neighborhood focusing on dense midrise developments taking over surface lots and more retail to make people want to stay in downtown after 5 p.m. Citykid, you may have not noticed it yet, but skyscrapers can be really overrated, especially ones like these that do absolutely nothing for the city but put a structure in the skyline. Who cares you know? Money could go somewhere else.

A good thing to compare it to would be the Huntington. Around the same height and I believe it also does not interact with the street. The one question is though would the people in this expensive isolated high rise want to live Downtown? If yes then I would much rather have something urban built in Downtown. If they could bring it up to the street I would be okay with it in Uptown, though I would still want something else downtown. But that is the problem people who buy here probably would not want the urban realities of DT. Maybe in a few years as downtown becomes more desirable, but probably not yet.

• 2 weeks later...

The project site is a good piece of land for a project like this. Maybe one day another developer will by the land and definitely change any Orion names and propose another project.

We can all dream. Good thing what was already built (welcome center and entrance driveway) is fairly hiden from any major road. It won't really appear as a busted project to people passing by.

So..I guess we had to suffer through those cheesy commercials...for nothing!

"I CAN'T hear orion calling me...."