St. Regis Residences & Future Multifamily On Asbury Pl.

SpaceCity

i doubt both will ever be built.  all metropolitan areas have rich histories of "twin tower" developments, rarely do both of them ever get built unless they are both started at the same time, or are small developments to begin with.

What?! They begun on the first tower already. The second tower is in December of this year. A reminder... "this is not shamrock tower."

And the rumor mill is whispering about the Mercer East tower rising later this year. Despite the ugliness of the exterior, interior space, views, and location are enough of a selling point. There are just a handful of units left for sale in the West Tower.

And the rumor mill is whispering about the Mercer East tower rising later this year. Despite the ugliness of the exterior, interior space, views, and location are enough of a selling point. There are just a handful of units left for sale in the West Tower.

http://houston.bizjournals.com/houston/sto...ry4.html?page=2

"Meanwhile, the Mercer will begin pre-sales in the next couple of weeks on a second condominium tower. Only about eight of the 54 units in the original 30-story building at Richmond and Sage are still available.

The second 30-story building will also have 54 units, priced from the low $400,000s to more than $1 million for a penthouse."

http://houston.bizjournals.com/houston/sto...ry4.html?page=2

"Meanwhile, the Mercer will begin pre-sales in the next couple of weeks on a second condominium tower. Only about eight of the 54 units in the original 30-story building at Richmond and Sage are still available.

The second 30-story building will also have 54 units, priced from the low $400,000s to more than $1 million for a penthouse."

I cant believe people are paying $1 million to live in that! It looks like a college dorm building. I hope the second tower is better than the first.

I cant believe people are paying $1 million to live in that! It looks like a college dorm building. I hope the second tower is better than the first.

I dont think we'll get too lucky with the second building looking better than the first considering all of the renderings ive seen and descriptions ive read show tower 2 to be an exact duplicate of the original...maybe they will be compliments when they stand next to eachother??? miracles happen...RIGHT? lol

• Like 1

I dont think we'll get too lucky with the second building looking better than the first considering all of the renderings ive seen and descriptions ive read show tower 2 to be an exact duplicate of the original...maybe they will be compliments when they stand next to eachother???  miracles happen...RIGHT? lol

No. Miracles do not happen. Not around here at least.

I doubt they will be back to back, the open lot is on the east side of the current buildining. All of the renderings I have seen show them side to side.

I have a south view living in The Mark and its not as exciting as the north views, I'm sure if they are going to sell for those prices they are going to be north facing units.

• 1 month later...

Is there a Texadelphia there in that shopping center?

I know it's behind the shopping center just west of Detering. The entance is off of Asbury which is between this shopping center and the Shell station.

If you read this topic you will see the detailed location.

Hello Everyone - long time no post....

Hmmm, where do I begin....

Im not very impressed with this design, it seems fake (Learning From Las Vegas)? while also being overly pretentious - even for "River Oaks"

Personally Id like to see more projects like the conversion of the old Days Inn (downtown), that carry a far more modern ring to it than these two monstrosities. Although at this time what Houston needs are more 6-10 floor mid-rises to fill in the urban landscape and help re-invigerate the inner city communities by providing both a place to live and a place to shop (that is if the developers are as street consious as POST).

ps - I appologize for my bad spelling

Cool Buildings that video is intresting RollsRoyce from 1950 to Maybach present day arriving at the Orion(Might as well show Muffy at the Yacht Club lol), but hell 20stories in the air an u have a summer kitchen SWEET!

Is it empty land they are building on or was that teardown?

That music has got to go makes the project look unstylish.

This is the first I've seen of this and, 20's girl, I agree with your analysis. However, I like it. I think it's unique, yes, garrish and pompous, and my tastes are usually more minimalist, but this reminds me of some of the buildings from one of my favorite styles, so-called Art Deco.

I think we've all noticed the similarities between city skylines. Nothing but long, tall Sallys, flat rectangles of varying heights. Time for a change...

A new style could be emerging, and Houston could be on the cutting edge.

i don't think they are hiding anything, looks quite blatant to me. looks like: a flat-out pandering to the grandiose east & west eggers alike, the future set of a batman action scene or action flick where on of those decorative spheres ends up rolling through town via fancy computer effects.

i always love those computer renderings when a company is selling a site idea, where each building is totally surrounded by nothing but trees, very sci-fi!

• 1 month later...

I was out at the site this past saturday and the office was still open. The land has been cleared, but not workers or anything was going on. I did notice that they set up a platform overlooking the site with a rendering of what the property is going to look like. Pretty Cool!!