East End Photos

UHCoog27

I like to drive around on Sundays and listen to KPFT's blues and bluegrass programs. For once, I brought my camera. I'm not as artsy or proficient as many of you, but it's fun to drive with one hand while photographing with the other!

n37501263_34195995_5845.jpg

n37501263_34195996_6163.jpg

n37501263_34195999_6831.jpg

n37501263_34196000_7179.jpg

n37501263_34196001_7530.jpg

n37501263_34196002_7858.jpg

n37501263_34196003_8199.jpg

n37501263_34196005_8872.jpg

n37501263_34196008_9905.jpg

n37501263_34196010_627.jpg

n37501263_34196016_2941.jpg

n37501263_34196017_3352.jpg

Please move to East End section. This is the Good, Bad and the Ugly. Mostly ugly.

Appreciate anyone snapping pics but this is not exemplerary of EE. In fact these photos prove why that other Traingle section near old Chinatown want to distant themselves from being included in East End and renamimg themselves. This is how outsiders perceive the whole area now.

These photos will do more damage than good. I sympathize for those trying to move a sale in this area. Think before posting people. :mellow: Sorry just have to be honest.

This is the Good, Bad and the Ugly. Mostly ugly.

Good, bad, ugly, and most ugly sounds like the full range of the neighborhood. Anyone buying a home in the area is going to drive around and feel it out. If you think posting only the pretty pictures on HAIF will influence what people buy, well, then we disagree. Mods, feel free to take them down. Or, only take down the "ugly" ones.

Great photos. It doesn't bother me that they don't represent everyone's vision of the East End. I think of them as atmospheric and representative of a slice of life a lot of people don't get a chance to see very often. Some of them are really good and show me places I haven't been. I don't see any reason why any of the pictures should be taken down.

Great photos! I like the decay mixed with shiny remodels. That's how good photography tells the story of a place.

The big brick 2-story house on Leeland, I love. Used to live around the corner from it. And the smaller brick with the arches are my neighbors directly behind me!

Exactly where is this temple located? With the east end of town being predominantly Hispanic, its very out of the ordinary to see something like this.

Right off of Leeland/Telephone, a few blocks outside of downtown. It is worth a visit - very cool interior.

• 2 months later...
I wonder what this building is used for. It looks like a gaint PEZ dispenser.

We moved last year to East Side just about two blocks from this building.

Right now this building is empty and every now and then some guys throw parties at this place.

We don't complain at all; the parties are an all night event with cool music and light shows.

From the house on Cline Street, we can see the tower lit while they play techno music, its fun!!!!

BTY the tower is off Clinton Drive near Hirsch.

Here's an East End photo thread from SSP:

http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/showthread.php?t=151267

Those were good. Got a little of everything. Not just the ugly but the good too.

FYI, We knew people that lived in some of the homes pictured. Is that really your home or a noted comment from another person? Know some info if interested in that specific brick home. Can PM me if care to know.

That Magic Palace place at Dumble/Telephone was a family owned Auto Parts for ages. That Gonzales store area...Oy vey.... :ph34r::)

We moved last year to East Side just about two blocks from this building.

Right now this building is empty and every now and then some guys throw parties at this place.

We don't complain at all; the parties are an all night event with cool music and light shows.

From the house on Cline Street, we can see the tower lit while they play techno music, its fun!!!!

BTY the tower is off Clinton Drive near Hirsch.

I love those parties! Its a combination of a rave/car show/art show/light show. It can be a little pricey to get in sometimes tho. BTW its known as THE SILO now.

P.S. This probably wont post right. 1st timer.

Archived