Moving Companies

I'm sure this has been discussed on HAIF (or at least City-Data) before, I suggest searching for those threads.

FWIW, I have used 3-Men Movers probably 4 times in the past 10 years, and have always had a good experience. Just make sure you are the first move of the morning so that the movers are more alert. You know that things must get broken during the evening moves!

This also depends on the type of move (quantity, distance), but for my last one I used Houston Student Movers.

They were efficient and pretty cheap (and definitely not students), and were able to schedule me in quickly

(it was a move without much time to plan, and it was from a third floor).

I am very leery of moving companies.... Looking for someone that is trustworth..any suggestions??

I've used Acme Movers (http://www.acmemovers.net/) 3 times over the past 6 years, and I have been satisfied every time (twice we had them do all of the packing as well). They also moved my mom from Baton Rouge to League City a few months ago and it was painless. For two of my three moves they sent a third person along for free even though I had requested only two...(they had other jobs after mine needing three movers and they wanted to make sure they were on time). They charge by the hour, which is what I was looking for...I don't like the companies that charge by weight.

Archived