Latitude Med Center: Residential Tower And InterContinental Hotel

Jax

Great news about the residential tower but it looks like the hotel lost it's contemporary patch work. Oh well, such is life. And the poor prudential building in the first rendering...

I realize now the hotel looks exactly the same. If only I would have scrolled up.
  • Like 3

The hotel seems to have lost a few stories in the new rendering, with a bit less striking of a design (balconies are smaller and the "hole" in the corner is a lot smaller), but I'm glad to see the addition of the residential tower!  And things always seem to get scaled back so I'm not too surprised they made the changes.  This will be a great addition to the medical center.  Plus it means a lot more people will be able to walk to work!

• Like 2

I actually like the residential tower. A nice mix of materials and provies a nice height. I think it will be a great addition to the area. Living near Rice and Med Center and close to Hermann Park sounds pretty good, especially if work is not too far away.

When does it start?

• Like 3

With this and the new Texas Children's Tower going up in close proximity, the TMC skyline is set to have another nice growth spurt.

Add to those the soon to start Methodist Hospital and Herman Hospital towers and there will be some big changes to the Med center.

• Like 1

Great news about the residential tower but it looks like the hotel lost it's contemporary patch work. Oh well, such is life. And the poor prudential building in the first rendering...

That building no longer exists. If they were going to stick in remembered icons of another era, they should have added the Shamrock.

I still have to wonder what kind of finances are behind Medistar and whether they can pull this off. If nothing else, the residential building shows they're ambitious.

• Like 2

That building no longer exists. If they were going to stick in remembered icons of another era, they should have added the Shamrock.

I still have to wonder what kind of finances are behind Medistar and whether they can pull this off. If nothing else, the residential building shows they're ambitious.

I had the same thought about financing, but if they are advertising the hotel as an Intercontinental, that gives me a bit more confidence that this could be serious.  

• Like 1

The Shamrock was a icon, but the Prudential Building was a better work of architecture.

As for medical construction in this town - time and again we've seen medical construction stay the course through oil busts/downturns.

• Like 5

• 1 month later...

I don't think they are - I'm no expert in reading these but I think this development is going on the 1.3845 acres labeled as Unrestricted Reserve "A", which is the acreage listed in the re-plat.  All renderings show it on that parking lot between the Wyndham and the Best Western

I think the "University Place" subdivision name already exists

Edited by OkieEric
  • Like 1

I don't think they are - I'm no expert in reading these but I think this development is going on the 1.3845 acres labeled as Unrestricted Reserve "A", which is the acreage listed in the re-plat. All renderings show it on that parking lot between the Wyndham and the Best Western

Oh ok. Sounds good to me

• Like 1

I don't think they are - I'm no expert in reading these but I think this development is going on the 1.3845 acres labeled as Unrestricted Reserve "A", which is the acreage listed in the re-plat.  All renderings show it on that parking lot between the Wyndham and the Best Western

That is correct.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...