Kilburn's Tavern

jimcas

Supposedly there is a Kilburn's tavern going in at the same shopping center as La Parmigiana at Grant and Malcomsen in Cypress (near Hamilton Jr. High).

I first noticed a TABC sign up on the window for a Kilburn's tavern there probably well over a year ago. Then the sign disappeared for several months with no signs of life... I figured it fell through, but now that old TABC sign is back again.

Anyway, hopefully this restaurant/bar will be going up sometime in the next few months.

Anyone been to their Barker Cypress location? The menu looks pretty good and the reviews on b4-u-eat are good as well.

www.kilburnstavern.com

I wonder if they had any issues opening a bar across the street from a middle school....but it looks like they do serve some good food! I had no idea this place was just on the other side of 290, I gotta check it out...

I would frequent places like this much more often if there was a smoking ordinance extended to all of Harris County...most of these local places end up looking and smelling like ash-trays...but maybe these are different...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
Saw a banner hanging outside of the building saying Kilburns Opening Soon, so it looks like Kilburns is a go.

This is finally open about 9 months later. Walked in - looked like a pretty decent bar, though it definitely had more of a bar-feel than a restaurant-feel (i.e. probably won't go with the kids).

Saw a banner hanging outside of the building saying Kilburns Opening Soon, so it looks like Kilburns is a go.

This is finally open about 9 months later. Walked in - looked like a pretty decent bar, though it definitely had more of a bar-feel than a restaurant-feel (i.e. probably won't go with the kids).

Stopped by tonight. Good burger and pretty cool bar considering we're talking Cypress suburbs! Will go back.

Archived