Highland Tower: Condominiums At 2207 Bancroft Ln.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow. Just Wow. :mellow:

So anyway, since this thread is supposed to be about the condo tower behind High Street, it looks like they've finally demolished the last part of the old apartment complex that the building will replace. There was some earthmoving equipment on the site this afternoon, so I'm gonna guess it was done relatively recently. Kinda good position for the sales center since it looks like the tower will be going up right next to it.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Another case of a downsized Houston project.

What a tease. :(

Stop freaking, man. Not the same project.

Westcreek

aa35fd.jpg

High Street

10.07.jpg

Sorry puma.. but that was kinda funny watching you go from the right answer

"So it will be right next to Westcreek?" to freaking out so quickly.

Edited by Highway6

aa34lo.jpg

Yeah, can you blame me, sure they are next to each other, but this initial rendering is basically Highstreet (middle right side of image) + Westcreek (left side).

That's what confused me.

That image with the words Highstreet, and then seeing a newer Highstreet rendering without the taller buildings really confused me. :wacko:

I thought the Westcreek Apartments were supposed to be torn down. My friend just signed a two year lease with them. It doesn't seem like they're goin' anywhere.

Does your friend live on the old Audubon Park side (the Westheimer side, no courtyards) or the Westcreek side (the courtyard-based side that actually faces Westcreek street)? It's the Westheimer side that's supposed to be going down to make way for the first phase of the River Oaks District (plus a little of the Westcreek side). Most of the Westcreek side is in the footprint of the eventual phase II of the River Oaks District. So if your friend is over there then the two-year lease would still make sense (without making us nervous about River Oaks District).

Anybody notice the "W" on one of the River Oaks District buildings in that High Street rendering? Is that an actual W Hotel logo? Have we noticed that before? I know there's been a lot of speculation about the W in the River Oaks District, but I didn't realize it was showing up in a rendering.

http://www.bizjournals.com/houston/stories.../28/story7.html

Apparently started construction this month. This area will look a lot different in 5 years with Westcreek/Oaks District or whatever ends up getting built.

- 16 stories

- 96 units

- Spring 2010 completion

- 25% needed to be presold to start construction, 28 are presold so they reached that milestone

http://www.bizjournals.com/houston/stories.../28/story7.html

Apparently started construction this month. This area will look a lot different in 5 years with Westcreek/Oaks District or whatever ends up getting built.

- 16 stories

- 96 units

- Spring 2010 completion

- 25% needed to be presold to start construction, 28 are presold so they reached that milestone

According to the sales office, construction begins next week! Also, the 16th floor was added because of the high demand for the larger units on the top three floors. ^_^

Does your friend live on the old Audubon Park side (the Westheimer side, no courtyards) or the Westcreek side (the courtyard-based side that actually faces Westcreek street)? It's the Westheimer side that's supposed to be going down to make way for the first phase of the River Oaks District (plus a little of the Westcreek side). Most of the Westcreek side is in the footprint of the eventual phase II of the River Oaks District. So if your friend is over there then the two-year lease would still make sense (without making us nervous about River Oaks District).

Appreciate the clarification. I always wondered about that. I'm not sure which side she's moving to though.

Thanks for clearing that up for us. Its better to be confused because theres many projects than being confused on why its not geting built imo. I counted like eight mix-use projects! There will be so much retail and all seem like pedestrian friendly areas. So exciting! :rolleyes:

Kinda funny that the first day the Highland Tower work was underway, it also appeared that they were moving a bulldozer onto the site earlier in the day. Looked like there was some dirt recently moved around after months of letting the land grow full of weeds. First time I'd seen the gates along Westheimer open in a long time as well...

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Crane is up and Highland Tower is ready to "REDEFINE the Galleria skyline."

HighlandTowerCraneNews.JPG

From their blog:

Highland Tower Houston's newest and most innovated highrise in the Galleria area is now under construction. The new high-tech crane system can be seen in our photo gallery. I'm going to keep the photo gallery updated weekly, be sure to check back to see the latest photo's.

Highland Tower is going to redefine the Houston Galleria area skyline. We have also posted a cool presentation of Houston's skylines in our Gallery.

Vickie Ramsey

Sales Director

http://news.highlandtower.com/News/tabid/5...wers-Crane.aspx

• Like 1