Highland Tower: Condominium High-Rise At 2207 Bancroft Ln.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

I'm excited about this development. Can't wait to get to Houston to see all these projects popping up out of the ground like weeds!

• 1 month later...
Drove by the site today and "Highland Tower" is in full swing. There's a new sign on the property advertising the units for sale...so did Trademark give up on this site for some reason and sell it to a condo developer? Anyone know what's going on?

The website seems to be active for the project now: www.highland-tower.com.

The plan seems to show it in the northeast corner of the High Street development... though I can't say I've heard of that surrounding "Oaks District" project before.

After looking over the Highland Tower website, it seems like they might just be leasing the HighStreet site for their sales center since it is so much more visible.

The Highland Tower will actually be located North of Westheimer very close to the Briarglen Condos that just went up. The map shows it near the corner of Bettis Drive and Briarglen Drive. It also says it will have 99 units on 15 floors. The same team that developed the Briarglen is proposing this one (Pelican Builders and Ziegler Cooper Architects).

Here's a pic WesternGulf took at the sales center

474685459e22a70defcblv6.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
15-story tower on Mid Lane

Highland Tower

Correction: Not on Mid Lane

Per the story:

"Highland Tower, a 15-story 99-unit condominium building, at the northeast corner of Bancroft Lane and Bettis Drive.

A sales office will open Sept. 15 at 4410 Westheimer on the corner of the property being developed by Fort Worth-based Trademark Property Co.

"Trademark has let us use their corner for our sales and marketing until they begin construction of a high-end retail center," says Derek Darnell, vice president of Pelican Builders Inc. "

The "high-end retail center" is High Street, which will be at Westheimer at Mid Lane. Can we separate this thread so the confusion stops. :)

• 2 weeks later...
Correction: Not on Mid Lane

Per the story:

"Highland Tower, a 15-story 99-unit condominium building, at the northeast corner of Bancroft Lane and Bettis Drive.

A sales office will open Sept. 15 at 4410 Westheimer on the corner of the property being developed by Fort Worth-based Trademark Property Co.

"Trademark has let us use their corner for our sales and marketing until they begin construction of a high-end retail center," says Derek Darnell, vice president of Pelican Builders Inc. "

The "high-end retail center" is High Street, which will be at Westheimer at Mid Lane. Can we separate this thread so the confusion stops. :)

I stopped by Highland Tower's sales office today. Design by ZCA Residential. Very high end finishes. slightly rounded fronts of the building face east and west. 825 sq. ft. units on floors 3 - 12 range in price from $300,000 to $400,000. Sizes and prices go up from that. Eight units have deposits in the first week. 25 units have to be under deposit for the project to move forward, per the sales person. Move in date estimated to be about 24 months out.

Edith Personnette is handling the marketing of the property. You may remember her marketing the Spires in the 1980's. This builder recently completed the Briarglenn nearby.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

I didn't find a thread on High Street on HAIF, but the search feature isn't quite what it should be. Let me know if this should be merged.

The Chronicle says that financing has been secured to proceed with this project on the north side of Westheimer west of Highland Village. Looks like retail, office, and four-stories of apartments.

Completion is scheduled for next year.

Wow. There's already a wiki entry about it. Guess I don't have to add one.

Editor - This sounds like the listing for Highland Tower - High Street. This is to be developed where the old Central Ford used to be and will extend from Westheimer nearly to San Felipe. It will replace all of those old apartment buildings. This is also between the railroad tracks and the west loop.

The HAIF site seems to be having difficulty today.

I didn't find a thread on High Street on HAIF, but the search feature isn't quite what it should be. Let me know if this should be merged.

The Chronicle says that financing has been secured to proceed with this project on the north side of Westheimer west of Highland Village. Looks like retail, office, and four-stories of apartments.

Completion is scheduled for next year.

Wow. There's already a wiki entry about it. Guess I don't have to add one.

Here you go, Jefe. Da' Link is here.... Of course, it was on the list.

Now that confusing, being that High Street is in the Heights. The other confusing thing is that Highland Tower is leasing property from the High Street site for their sales trailer. At any rate, it's great that we have a couple of more new projects going up within blocks of one another (even though High St. is on hold).

Thanks for that clarification.

Forgive me if I am the only reader confused here - but can some one delineate on a map, or at least carefully explain where each development (High Street and Highland Tower) lie in Houston as well as some basic details characterizing each development so we are clear? Thanks

Yes. This thread is more confusing than ever. The title says "High Street Not Highland Tower" but the discussion is about "Highland Tower" and whether it's 5 stories or 15 stories.

It's been confusion since day one about these projects. Throw in a little discussion about "the River Oaks District" next door and it's total anarchy!

Maybe the title of this thread should simply be "Highland Tower" (since that is what people are talking about here) and the title of the other thread should simply be "High Street" (since that is where the renderings of High Street are already posted).

Just trying to help. I know Editor has it under control. :)

Edited by Mister X

• 1 month later...
Drove by on Sunday and it looked like they had lots of pipes sticking up from the ground -- must be about ready for some foundation work?

Now remember, he's interested in the High Street Project. This is the Highland Tower Project site. :wacko:

Now remember, he's interested in the High Street Project. This is the Highland Tower Project site. :wacko:

So you've seen both sites and are confirming that the pipes stickin out the ground which myeviltwin is talking about are for Highland Tower and not High Street? Uf! :)

It's ok. I'll just have to drive by myself.