What Kind Of Job Is This? Is It Legit?

I was digging around in craigslist for a transportation or delivery job and inquired on a few listings. One of them replied with this. Anybody have any idea what I would be getting into on this? Sounds iffy but wanted some opinions.

Thanks for taking your time to respond, We need someone who will be our delivery person. You don't deliver to anywhere but our client will be delivering some office supplies in boxes to you. You don't need to drive to anywhere, all you need is stay at home and get the packages received on our behalf. We will always notify you when the packages will be coming as it wont be everyday but atleast once or twice a week.

The packages will be picked up from you the same day you receive the delivery via DHL/FedEx courier service.

What to do:

1 Receive packages from client which will be delivered to your house.

2. Print out labels which will be sent to you by me and attach to the boxes delivered.

Requirement

1. You must have a printer or know where you can print out labels which will be sent to you when the packages are delivered to you.

2. Must be able to chat on yahoo/hotmail messenger.

We will be paying you $2000 per month. You will get the first month pay at the end of the third week and after that we will be paying you weekly. We will be sending your money via western union or let us know what is your preferred method to receive your funds.

Please provide the following details.

Name:

Address:

City:

State:

Zip Code:

Phone Number:

Sex:

Email:

We will wait in anticipation for your reply.

Yours Sincerely,

*Name Deleted*

This is a Nigerian Scam. They have people they are scamming send the packages to your address, you are the Mule. They send their own courier, and he/she may very well be dressed as a DHL/UPS guy. They come pick up the packages, and the paper trail leads to YOU.

Remember, if it sounds too good to be true............it usually is !

This is a Nigerian Scam. They have people they are scamming send the packages to your address, you are the Mule. They send their own courier, and he/she may very well be dressed as a DHL/UPS guy. They come pick up the packages, and the paper trail leads to YOU.

Remember, if it sounds too good to be true............it usually is !

So what are usually in the packages? Does the "Mule" get paid in most instances?

So what are usually in the packages? Does the "Mule" get paid in most instances?

9 times out of 10 they are packages of items won off ebay and bought off craigslist. Sometimes it is just checks from people trying to buy stuff they think they won off of ebay and craigslist. It works both ways for a few months, then people start asking questions like, "Where the Hell is my stuff I won off ebay!!!" "Where is my money, I sent you the stuff ?" The only address that these unfortunate suckers have is YOUR address, because that is where they sent the package. You can become an accessory to the crime, even if you NEVER opened the packages, you merely accepted them and got paid for your service. BEWARE, this is a SCAM !!!

Archived