Do You Wash Your Hands After Doin Your Business?

lockmat

Clean or Nasty?  

62 members have voted

1. 1. Do you wash your hands after using the restroom?

• yes
    • no
    • most of the time
    • not usually
    • depends
    • I act like I'm washing them by running water over my hands w/o soap
    • I didn't get them dirty, so why do I need to wash them?

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, what a great topic, how did I miss this one? I'm for the pre-wash - I know where my, er, junk, has been all day. Nowhere, I'm married. It's clean downtown. But everyone else's hands have touched God knows what, and my hands touched things their hands did. So washing before makes more sense than washing after, unless you have problems controlling yourself. Then again I'm a guy and I'm lazy sometimes. I wouldn't by any stretch call me a clean freak, I'm just not generally dirty.

FWIW, Charmin makes tiny little rolls of toilet paper that fit in a purse for emergencies. I have a bunch of them I picked up in Walgreen's once. They were a life saver in Thailand where TP can be scarce. And even in places with TP, you're not supposed to flush it -- you put it in the stinky bucket next to the tirlet. Ick!

How big was your purse ? <_<^_^

I've always been annoyed by the locking device on the stall in our office bathroom. It's a round knob that forces me to grab and turn with my fingertips. I like the locks that just slide across b/c then I can use the outside of my hand and not transfer the germs to my belt and button.

Today however, I have defeated the knob! I figured out that all I need to do is use toilet paper to lock and unlock it (I'm a little slow, I know).

It's only a square or two, but I know the tree huggers will still be upset with me. They'd rather me have germs all over myself than to be safe and clean.

lockmat has left the bathroom! ... Germ free!!

Isn't this to be expected in a topic dedicated to obsessive compulsive behavior?

I wouldn't call it obsessive, personally. I eat food off the ground. lol

Although I have had Seinfeldian thoughts. (tempted to throw shoe laces away if it touched certain bathroom floors)

Wow. I realize I have much in common with many HAIFers after reading this thread.

Regarding prewashing, I started doing it after a random guy (I'll call him Bathroom Sage) said something very memorable to me.

I was washing my hands and he entered the restroom and came over to the sinks. He said to me, "I wash my hands first. Why would you want to put the filth of the world on yourself?"

I said "Good point" and left.

Thank you for your wisdom, Bathroom Sage.

My fear is doorknobs and even my remote control (which I spray with Lysol about 1-2 a week).

But keyboards are pretty dirty too.

WAIT WAIT wait.............You spray your OWN remote ? Ok, now YOU are a bigger FREAK than Howie is. Who the hell else has access to YOUR remote that you would need to spray it down ? :lol:

WAIT WAIT wait.............You spray your OWN remote ? Ok, now YOU are a bigger FREAK than Howie is. Who the hell else has access to YOUR remote that you would need to spray it down ? :lol:

Me, my dogs, and my partner.

Never know where their paws have been!

Wow. I realize I have much in common with many HAIFers after reading this thread.

Regarding prewashing, I started doing it after a random guy (I'll call him Bathroom Sage) said something very memorable to me.

I was washing my hands and he entered the restroom and came over to the sinks. He said to me, "I wash my hands first. Why would you want to put the filth of the world on yourself?"

I said "Good point" and left.

Thank you for your wisdom, Bathroom Sage.

haha, really???

I just don't have the energy to care that much. I'm still alive and healthy, so that's good enough for me.

haha, really???

I just don't have the energy to care that much. I'm still alive and healthy, so that's good enough for me.

The body's immune system is amazing. But I would rather not ingest germs and other unnecessary (and probably not too tasty) microbes.

The body's immune system is amazing. But I would rather not ingest germs and other unnecessary (and probably not too tasty) microbes.

On the other hand, I've found that occasionally ingesting such germs and microbes helps prepare your body for the occasional ingestion of food that's three months past its expiration date. Whatever doesn't kill me only makes me more likely to survive the coming apocalypse.

On the other hand, I've found that occasionally ingesting such germs and microbes helps prepare your body for the occasional ingestion of food that's three months past its expiration date. Whatever doesn't kill me only makes me more likely to survive the coming apocalypse.

I've heard that one of the reasons children get sicker these days (not sure if that is true or not as I do not have kids) is that so many parents have been using anti-bacterial soaps and cleansers that make the bugs in the houses stronger. Top that with parents not letting their kids play in the dirt (where presumably bugs live that they should be acclimated to) makes them even more susceptible to future illnesses.

Archived