2012: Hype Or Real

houstonmacbro

Something like that might happen. That's the year the Olympic games are held in London, supposedly the Sun will reverse its magnetic poles, and Charles Manson will be eligible for parole again. So there is a possibility that coast to coast might actually have something (for once).

That is the year the Texans will win their second Super Bowl. Book it.

Oh, and people were saying the same crap about 2000. I don't believe anything significant (apocalypse) will happen in 2012.

If you listen to Coast to Coast (and now a lot of mainstream stations are starting to pick up), 2012 is supposed to be either a great change for good for mankind or a complete apocalypse for all of us (read more here http://www.2012endofdays.org/general/Predi...s-for-2012.php).

What are your thoughts?

There was also a program on the History Channel last night called "Doomsday 2012". It was a load of bunk, but the History Channel likes to talk it up because nothing gets ratings like a good disaster flick. Discovery Channel also had one last month about what would happen if all humans just vanished at once without a trace...they took care to explain the fate of people's pets. Cute furry things pull good ratings, too, after all.

I've often wondered why The History Channel is in the business of producing bogus pieces on these "outlandish" topics... From extra-terrestrials/UFO's to Nostradamus's prophecies. And they always seem to go out of their way to give validity to the bogus viewpoint. Not exactly a credible organization IMO.

I take anything "futurist" on the History (Discovery or any other channel) with a grain of salt.

"Population zero" and "Life after Humans" are among the shows I watch solely for entertainment. Now "Dogfights", "seconds before disaster", and "shootout" fall into this category, but at least they're interesting, even if they have a tendency to over dramatize and (the annoying) repeat the action.

The ones that get me are the "potential" disaster movies like the mega volcano under Yosemite park, informative on what MIGHT happen, but I think it could scare people too much in our over reactive society.

I've often wondered why The History Channel is in the business of producing bogus pieces on these "outlandish" topics... From extra-terrestrials/UFO's to Nostradamus's prophecies. And they always seem to go out of their way to give validity to the bogus viewpoint. Not exactly a credible organization IMO.

It makes for really fun television viewing. I love it (although I realize a lot of it is outlandish).

I came across a relevant book to this topic while browsing on Amazon recently. I picked it up out of sheer curiosity, and while the majority does not deal with the 2012 issue, it does eventually become a player in his theory.

http://www.amazon.com/Lost-Star-Myth-Walte...6775&sr=1-1

While I'm not sure I believe (or quite grasp) bits of it (portions of the book goes into very specific detail, far outside my interest level), I would say the author makes a relatively compelling case. There are some admittedly big holes, but it's thought provoking nonetheless.

If you're interested in the 2012 issue, this one will add a new layer to your discussions.

Archived