Ashley Furniture On FM 518

Timnwendy

The new Ashley Furniture store had its grand opening on Saturday, Feb. 23rd, 2008. This is the new store located off 518 west of 288, next to Academy and the big HEB, across from the Pearland Towncenter construction.

I'm not a furniture expert, but the store looked nice and the prices seemed reasonable.

I went to take a look today.

The store itself (design, layout, & size) is impressive. The furniture, however, isn't exactly my thing. But it's definitely what, I imagine, Pearlanders will appreciate...

...hey... I bought a table there, years ago (at their Austin location)... considering what I had at the time, that purchase was a big upgrade. I would say that if you don't like the modern look of Ikea, and want more semi-traditional (yet very inexpensive furnishings) - then look at the place. And no, I won't get my feelings hurt if people make fun of where I shop (won't be the first time!), though I have not been there in years...

...hey... I bought a table there, years ago (at their Austin location)... considering what I had at the time, that purchase was a big upgrade. I would say that if you don't like the modern look of Ikea, and want more semi-traditional (yet very inexpensive furnishings) - then look at the place. And no, I won't get my feelings hurt if people make fun of where I shop (won't be the first time!), though I have not been there in years...

If you have a good eye you can probably find something nice at most stores; Ikea or Ashley or wherever. It's nice to mix up styles a little. I like the modern look of Ikea, but I wouldn't want my house to look like an Ikea catalogue either. I'll be interested to have a look at this store.

Heh, I didn't mean to offend you. Sorry if I did!

We have an Ashley table too.

My comment was in reference to the style furniture I saw in model homes and the furniture style that's most common to Houston. I figured Pearland was like most other big Houston suburbs when it comes to furniture...

The new Ashley Furniture store had its grand opening on Saturday, Feb. 23rd, 2008. This is the new store located off 518 west of 288, next to Academy and the big HEB, across from the Pearland Towncenter construction.

I'm not a furniture expert, but the store looked nice and the prices seemed reasonable.

I think it's interesting that the Ashley Furniture store in Conroe is owned by Fingers Furniture. I don't know about the others.

Heh, I didn't mean to offend you. Sorry if I did!

We have an Ashley table too.

My comment was in reference to the style furniture I saw in model homes and the furniture style that's most common to Houston. I figured Pearland was like most other big Houston suburbs when it comes to furniture...

I was just kidding and making fun of myself... but we Clear Lake and Pearland residents do share a lot of the same taste...

I did a little comparison shopping last weekend at Star Furniture, and I can tell you that Ashley's prices were much, much lower than Star's.

In the end, you get what you pay for. I have a sofa/loveseat made by Ashley (not from the Ashley store or Star), and several pieces of furniture from Star (not made by Ashley). The furniture from Star is holding up much better than the Ashley furniture with comparable usage.

Is it just me or does it seem like Houston has an over-abundance of furniture places? I you ride out I45 (either north or south) it is littered (yes, I do mean that word) with furniture places.

Some looks shady (aka trashy) and others just look slightly shady.

• 1 month later...
Well, we bought 3 pieces from the Ashley on 518 last Sunday. Delivery is tomorrow. I'll report back on how it turns out.

The delivery was a flat $89 (regardless of how many pieces are delivered). The delivery truck arrived on time (they gave a courtesy call beforehand, too). The furniture seems to be as-promised. So far we are satisfied.

My neighbor bought a couple of pieces from this new store too. He didn't pay for their delivery; he went to their warehouse in Sugarland and picked up the furniture himself. This is a good option for those ambitious folks with access to a vehicle with enough cargo space.

The delivery was a flat $89 (regardless of how many pieces are delivered). The delivery truck arrived on time (they gave a courtesy call beforehand, too). The furniture seems to be as-promised. So far we are satisfied.

My neighbor bought a couple of pieces from this new store too. He didn't pay for their delivery; he went to their warehouse in Sugarland and picked up the furniture himself. This is a good option for those ambitious folks with access to a vehicle with enough cargo space.

You'd think that Ashley would look to capitalize on all the new people moving in to SCR and ST by luring them in with free delivery. Then again, maybe they feel like they don't need to offer it, assuming that everyone will check out Ashley simply because they're so close.

• 2 months later...

No offense , but is having stores built in pearland a big thing to your area.

I mean the HEB Plus and the Ashley Furniture

(COME ON!)

not trying to be rude, but that's just my honest opinion ^_^

I mean every third topic is about pearland

maybe it should have its own forum

Just kidding, but you get where im coming from.

(COME ON!)

Actually, it is a pretty big deal to get new stores near where we live. The HEB was truly exciting, and most people are looking forward to having the mall and new restaurants so close.

(COME ON!)

Those will be places where people can walk to, at least SCR residents. Not many suburbs have that.

Those will be places where people can walk to, at least SCR residents. Not many suburbs have that.

Gosh, now I'm visualizing myself pushing an HEB shopping cart all the way down 518 to Kingsley, then up to the 4-way stop at Regents Bay, then... :rolleyes:

• The title was changed to Ashley Furniture On FM 518

Archived