Ross

Archstone Memorial Heights; 100 Waugh Being Redeveloped to Buffalo Heights District

On 4/27/2017 at 4:51 PM, CrockpotandGravel said:

More renderings of The Buffalo Heights District and the swimming pool area at the adjoining residence The St. Andrie (from Ziegler Cooper)

bC2Eax3.jpg

Sitemap:
ogux1Jm.jpg

More renderings here.

On 4/27/2017 at 4:44 PM, CrockpotandGravel said:

From Midway's annual report, the upscale multifamily residential community at The Buffalo Heights District will be named The St. Andrie. As previously reported, it will have 1,200 units.

The 30,000 square feet of creative office space (boutique office) adjacent to H-E-B is named One Buffalo Heights.

eJyPHHC.jpg

On 10/29/2018 at 4:58 PM, Urbannizer said:

From the link Urb posted, there's a link for a site for St. Andrie, the apartment component of Buffalo Heights.

https://buffaloheights.sdcopartners.com/st-andrie/

A gallery with a couple of more renderings of the inside of St. Andrie

https://buffaloheights.sdcopartners.com/st-andrie/gallery/

• Like 1

On 5/10/2017 at 7:34 AM, CrockpotandGravel said:

Living at Buffalo Heights:

Now under construction, the innovative, mixed-use development  of Buffalo Heights includes the  St. Andrie, an upscale community of 232 apartment homes. Designed for residents seeking an active, urban lifestyle that’s well-connected to the outdoors and to city life, each home is being built at the height of style, comfort and convenience.
ST.  ANDRIE
3663 WASHINGTON AVENUE
HOUSTON, TX 77007
STANDRIE.COM

The website is up for St. Andrie at 3663 Washington Ave, part of Buffalo Heights District from Midway.

The website lists Fall 2019 as the targeted opening.

http://www.standrie.com/

Social media for St. Andrie
https://www.instagram.com/thestandrie/
https://www.facebook.com/standriebuffaloheights

Edited by CrockpotandGravel
  • Like 1

On 12/20/2018 at 5:13 AM, CrockpotandGravel said:

*Jaws dropped*

Wow @ Zara and H&M. 

I can never fit into clothes made by Zara. 😁 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, j_cuevas713 said:

Is it just me or are those sidewalks going to be tiny?

And super close to the road for some reason...

• Like 1

On 2/5/2019 at 8:05 PM, j_cuevas713 said:

Is it just me or are those sidewalks going to be tiny?

This is definitely a site where you'd want 10' sidewalks, and it sort of looks like the standard 3' sidewalks. They might be waiting towards the end of the project to redo the sidewalks perhaps?

On 2/5/2019 at 8:39 PM, Visitor said:

And super close to the road for some reason...

That I actually like. With on street parking on Washington(though Im not sure if this area has it), its better to have the sidewalk right up against the road. The design philosophy of Street->3' uninterrupted strip of grass--> sidewalk is a suburban technique that forces street parkers to walk onto wet/muddy grass. 

2 hours ago, Purdueenginerd said:

This is definitely a site where you'd want 10' sidewalks, and it sort of looks like the standard 3' sidewalks. They might be waiting towards the end of the project to redo the sidewalks perhaps?

That I actually like. With on street parking on Washington(though Im not sure if this area has it), its better to have the sidewalk right up against the road. The design philosophy of Street->3' uninterrupted strip of grass--> sidewalk is a suburban technique that forces street parkers to walk onto wet/muddy grass. 

No they’re laying the new sidewalks already, so idk what the deal is here. I feel like this is a missed opportunity to build sidewalks similar to the development right next to it. I don’t mind one strip of parking but this much is wasted space smh

Edited by j_cuevas713

I just drove by tonite and they look to be about 5 feet wide. 

Would Chipotle move from just a couple of blocks down Waugh/Heights Blvd?

• Like 1

16 hours ago, j_cuevas713 said:

5 feet is the minimum width allowed.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Houston19514 said:

5 feet is the minimum width allowed.

Now it is. Also the minimum can be 3ft per TAS / ADA if after a certain length there is a place for a wheelchair to rotate and go in the opposite direction. Ironically our curb cuts service this requirement which is why people are fine with only doing 3ft. While I personally don't care about the cost of an extra 2ft of concrete width of a sidewalk. When numbers start getting crunched and value engineering takes place, a 5ft sidewalk if 3ft with those extra direction changing pads requirement is meet, usually is the first to go.

Been looking into the conversation here. Lets just let these guys get to it first. They haven't even brought down the construction fence. Landscape/Streetscape is always last and for now we just don't know. This would be like driving to the whole foods in midtown and seeing the construction fence yet not seeing any sidewalk yet and concluding that "I guess they won't have a sidewalk'. Its still not there yet. Lets give it time.

Overall, I'm hoping that further into the future, as this area gets more urban with more foot traffic then the importance of the frontage parking will diminish and this will be replaced with more pedestrian walk space, and that would be incredible. That would be so much space.

Edited by Luminare
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)

Chron article about The Roastery Coffee Kitchen opening and future location

The Roastery

THE ROASTERY

The Roastery Coffee Kitchen led by Jason Giagrande offers a seasonal food menu and features specialty coffee, tea and products developed by the team known as “FOUR J”. The FOUR J’s consist of acclaimed chefs, Jason Giagrande, Jonathan Waxman, Jimmy Bradley and Joey Campanaro.

Edited by BeerNut
  • Like 3

15 minutes ago, hindesky said:

I could see it opening this fall, still a little to be done.

Yes, you're right. They will begin pre-leasing July 1st and are projected to open September 23rd.

• Like 2

So...the vacant lot/parking lot at 100 Waugh near Dickson St and the Memorial on ramp is being dug up. It’s Day 2 of activity that appears to be storm sewer or utility installation. No pics yet—don’t shoot! This is the lot that was the construction worker parking lot for the mixed use building with HEB. 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, skooljunkie said:

So...the vacant lot/parking lot at 100 Waugh near Dickson St and the Memorial on ramp is being dug up. It’s Day 2 of activity that appears to be storm sewer or utility installation. No pics yet—don’t shoot! This is the lot that was the construction worker parking lot for the mixed use building with HEB. 

I believe that is supposed to be a high rise if that's what they are starting. 

• Like 3

On 6/20/2019 at 4:45 PM, skooljunkie said:

On 6/20/2019 at 10:41 PM, jmitch94 said:

I believe that is supposed to be a high rise if that's what they are starting. 

Yep! Two high-rises in fact, Northbank Buffalo Bayou.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
On 2/5/2019 at 8:05 PM, j_cuevas713 said:
7 hours ago, Urbannizer said:

Listing for a site for sale across Buffalo Heights also confirms Northbank Buffalo Bayou:

https://www.loopnet.com/Listing/140-S-Heights-Blvd-Houston-TX/16467675/

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

The brochure also has a never-before-seen site plan for Buffalo Heights:

gBDFzT5.jpg

So happy to see the BH spread is already happening. Hoping whoever scoops up that parcel develops it with cohesion of Northbank/100 Waugh and BH in mind. There is a great oppty here and I'm hoping it isn't wasted.

The full BH site plan, while likely an early concept, is exciting. 

Edited by Visitor
  • Like 4

9 hours ago, Urbannizer said:

So four residential towers, a hotel, and three office towers. Pretty ambitious. It kind of turns its back from Washington Avenue in favor of an internal pedestrian environment, which suggests a "drive-to urbanism" paradigm, but I suppose it will likely evolve as it is built out. I suspect if we get rail along Washington Ave. then developments like this will embrace the street more, similar to what's being built along Main in Midtown.

• Like 1

I see some light blue retail on the ground floor of the north-easternmost building. I do like how it all connects to the street grid. New signals better be added as density increases around here or traffic is going to be a monster. I believe street reconstruction begins sometime in the next 6-12 months on all those neighborhood streets connecting to the north.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, skooljunkie said:

I see some light blue retail on the ground floor of the north-easternmost building. I do like how it all connects to the street grid. New signals better be added as density increases around here or traffic is going to be a monster. I believe street reconstruction begins sometime in the next 6-12 months on all those neighborhood streets connecting to the north.

To the north of what? Any specifics on the streets?

Thanks @skooljunkie I'll have to check out that site. 

I've long been curious if there is data on when streets were completely repaved last in Houston. I assume not?

• Like 1

Thought it would be good to get a zoomed in look at that site plan.

ItOHCAu.jpg

• Like 8

Nextdoor has a post that HEB delivery has been pushed out to 2020.  Anyone else hear this or have a link?

• Like 1

It appears the HEB entrance might be on S. Heights.

Zz9M1eg.jpg

This is the site work at the North Bank site.

XHxj3V9.jpg

• Like 8

1 hour ago, hindesky said:

It appears the HEB entrance might be on S. Heights.

Zz9M1eg.jpg

This is the site work at the North Bank site.

XHxj3V9.jpg

I think that is the apartment entrance?

People on NextDoor are saying that work at the NorthBank site is just a parking lot per the construction workers. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

3 minutes ago, Visitor said:

I think that is the apartment entrance?

People on NextDoor are saying that work at the NorthBank site is just a parking lot per the construction workers. 

Which construction workers?

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, hindesky said:

Which construction workers?

The ones over at the NorthBank site.  Said something about regrading the lot and building a retaining wall. 

Edited by Visitor
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, Urbannizer said:

Is the newest portion of Archstone Memorial Heights the next to be redeveloped? Subdivision plat filed.

SubdivisionPlatPDF_BG3566.pdf 539.38 kB · 0 downloads

qxjmva.png

they just did a ton of work on this (new) building... they took off all stucco and redid windows and siding. I doubt we see anything happen here.

22 minutes ago, Avossos said:

they just did a ton of work on this (new) building... they took off all stucco and redid windows and siding. I doubt we see anything happen here.

Maybe they just want to replat this with the rest of their developments as one combined reserve?