Ross

100 Waugh Being Redeveloped to Buffalo Heights District

4 hours ago, jmitch94 said:

Edited by Visitor
Duplicate posts

4 hours ago, jmitch94 said:

Where exactly would this be located? 

Right here at the parking lot.

Find it funny that the traffic is going the wrong way in that 4th rendering.

archstone.JPG

3 hours ago, swtsig said:

aren't these two different sites? buffalo heights on washington and 100 waugh on, well.... waugh?

yes but owned by the same guy?

They are all owned by the same group, and I believe these are lumped together as it seems this is the longer term vision for Buffalo Heights. 

As an aside, Buffalo Heights is sort of on Waugh since Heights turns into Waugh basically at 100 Waugh.

Just now, hindesky said:

Spotted a top out tree on the northwest corner 

What is a "top out tree"?

Sorry. Couldn't resist. 

When a building, under construction, reaches it full height, or the last piece of structural steel is set in place, a tree is often put on the hiegest most point to mark the occasion.  

2 minutes ago, Naviguessor said:

And which planet did you say that are you Visiting from?  

Because I'm not aware of what a top out tree is? It's not like I asked "what is whataburger"

1 minute ago, Naviguessor said:

Sorry. Couldn't resist. 

When a building, under construction, reaches it full height, or the last piece of structural steel is set in place, a tree is often put on the hiegest most point to mark the occasion.  

Ha, without being "in the industry" there is a minimal chance I'd know of that ritual. ;)

16 hours ago, Urbannizer said:

Potential tenants coming to Buffalo Heights: 

Chipotle

Zara

H&M

http://buffaloheights.sdcopartners.com/directory/

Are these phase 2? I dont recall retail space in this initial phase?

As I looked through the site more, they appear to show images of 100 Waugh.  Further supports my thought this entire area will be more cohesively developed and dubbed Buffalo Heights. 

Edited by Visitor
Add

On 12/20/2018 at 5:13 AM, CrockpotandGravel said:

*Jaws dropped*

Wow @ Zara and H&M. 

I can never fit into clothes made by Zara. 😁 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, j_cuevas713 said:

Is it just me or are those sidewalks going to be tiny?

And super close to the road for some reason...

• Like 1

On 2/5/2019 at 8:05 PM, j_cuevas713 said:

Is it just me or are those sidewalks going to be tiny?

This is definitely a site where you'd want 10' sidewalks, and it sort of looks like the standard 3' sidewalks. They might be waiting towards the end of the project to redo the sidewalks perhaps?

On 2/5/2019 at 8:39 PM, Visitor said:

And super close to the road for some reason...

That I actually like. With on street parking on Washington(though Im not sure if this area has it), its better to have the sidewalk right up against the road. The design philosophy of Street->3' uninterrupted strip of grass--> sidewalk is a suburban technique that forces street parkers to walk onto wet/muddy grass. 

2 hours ago, Purdueenginerd said:

This is definitely a site where you'd want 10' sidewalks, and it sort of looks like the standard 3' sidewalks. They might be waiting towards the end of the project to redo the sidewalks perhaps?

That I actually like. With on street parking on Washington(though Im not sure if this area has it), its better to have the sidewalk right up against the road. The design philosophy of Street->3' uninterrupted strip of grass--> sidewalk is a suburban technique that forces street parkers to walk onto wet/muddy grass. 

No they’re laying the new sidewalks already, so idk what the deal is here. I feel like this is a missed opportunity to build sidewalks similar to the development right next to it. I don’t mind one strip of parking but this much is wasted space smh

Edited by j_cuevas713

I just drove by tonite and they look to be about 5 feet wide. 

I just drove by tonite and they look to be about 5 feet wide. 

Would Chipotle move from just a couple of blocks down Waugh/Heights Blvd?

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Houston19514 said:

5 feet is the minimum width allowed.

Now it is. Also the minimum can be 3ft per TAS / ADA if after a certain length there is a place for a wheelchair to rotate and go in the opposite direction. Ironically our curb cuts service this requirement which is why people are fine with only doing 3ft. While I personally don't care about the cost of an extra 2ft of concrete width of a sidewalk. When numbers start getting crunched and value engineering takes place, a 5ft sidewalk if 3ft with those extra direction changing pads requirement is meet, usually is the first to go.

Been looking into the conversation here. Lets just let these guys get to it first. They haven't even brought down the construction fence. Landscape/Streetscape is always last and for now we just don't know. This would be like driving to the whole foods in midtown and seeing the construction fence yet not seeing any sidewalk yet and concluding that "I guess they won't have a sidewalk'. Its still not there yet. Lets give it time.

Overall, I'm hoping that further into the future, as this area gets more urban with more foot traffic then the importance of the frontage parking will diminish and this will be replaced with more pedestrian walk space, and that would be incredible. That would be so much space.

Edited by Luminare
  • Like 2

Chron article about The Roastery Coffee Kitchen opening and future location

The Roastery

THE ROASTERY

The Roastery Coffee Kitchen led by Jason Giagrande offers a seasonal food menu and features specialty coffee, tea and products developed by the team known as “FOUR J”. The FOUR J’s consist of acclaimed chefs, Jason Giagrande, Jonathan Waxman, Jimmy Bradley and Joey Campanaro.

Edited by BeerNut
  • Like 3

15 minutes ago, hindesky said:

I could see it opening this fall, still a little to be done.

Yes, you're right. They will begin pre-leasing July 1st and are projected to open September 23rd.

• Like 2

So...the vacant lot/parking lot at 100 Waugh near Dickson St and the Memorial on ramp is being dug up. It’s Day 2 of activity that appears to be storm sewer or utility installation. No pics yet—don’t shoot! This is the lot that was the construction worker parking lot for the mixed use building with HEB. 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, skooljunkie said:

So...the vacant lot/parking lot at 100 Waugh near Dickson St and the Memorial on ramp is being dug up. It’s Day 2 of activity that appears to be storm sewer or utility installation. No pics yet—don’t shoot! This is the lot that was the construction worker parking lot for the mixed use building with HEB. 

I believe that is supposed to be a high rise if that's what they are starting. 

• Like 3