King Owl

The Post Oak: 36-Story High-Rise & Conference Center

haha...yeah sort of!...every week Tillman takes a look at 2 small businesses who offer some kind of service/product he may use within any or all of his businesses...at the end of each episode he flies the company to his Houston office and they throw the final pitch and he decides if he will use their product or not. Throughout the episode/process he helps them along the way with advice/ideas/opinions etc...many times you will see that those he does decide to work with have their life changed by having the business double, triple and more all because of Tillman buying/using their product/service. Its pretty educational and entertaining to watch in my opinion...

My friends of the houston based company Bravado Spice were on the first episode ever and he decided to use their product in his restaurants and it definitely helped their business...and their company grow! 

More info here: http://www.papercitymag.com/culture/billionaire-tilman-fertitta-new-reality-show-billion-dollar-buyer-houston-love/

• Like 4

7 hours ago, JJxvi said:

I'm sure the name he'd like to put on it is "Golden Nugget"

^^^ love it!

• Like 1

Construction on Mastro's has begun. Grading is complete and utility connections are being made.

They have also brought in dirt and graded the space for the new Willie G's. It looks like most of the focus is on Mastro's at this point.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Houston19514 said:

What's the current floor count?

33 with the crown making it 34.  They did 31 concrete floors and two with iron beams. 

• Like 2

http://www.houstonchronicle.com/business/real-estate/article/Retail-Wrap-Ross-Dress-for-Less-to-expand-11084999.php#photo-12750577

Willie G's Seafood and Steaks has broken ground on a new location in The Post Oak, a master-planned development with a 38-story mixed-use tower and adjacent ballroom on 10 acres at 1600 West Loop South, owner Tilman Fertitta announced. The restaurant will relocate from 1605 Post Oak Blvd. this fall. Mastro's Steakhouse will also open its first location in Texas within the development.

920x920.jpg

• Like 6

42 minutes ago, Urbannizer said:

Chronicle readers are always the last to know...  HBJ reported more than 2 weeks ago that construction of the new Willie G's had started in late March.  (And what's with the "38 story tower . . . and adjacent ballroom"??)

• Like 4

This is turning out better than I expected. Nothing great but far less cheesy than feared. 

• Like 4

42 minutes ago, KinkaidAlum said:

This is turning out better than I expected. Nothing great but far less cheesy than feared. 

It's like the opposite of a Randal Davis project. 

• Like 7

... I like it...

Seems like a great development...

so that's good... right?

• Like 3

^^^ so far, quite a lovely, progressive, ambitious, development.  can't wait to see the full completed outcome.  also, i am wondering just what will be the official brand name....? 

• Like 1

also this looks likes 35/36 stories if you count the little bit above the crown.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, monarch said:

^^^ so far, quite a lovely, progressive, ambitious, development.  can't wait to see the full completed outcome.  also, i am wondering just what will be the official brand name....? 

It seems the official brand name is "The Post Oak"

• Like 3

6 hours ago, HoustonBoy said:

Great picture! Do you know what's happening in the very foreground?

Thank you! No, I do not...was hoping someone here would be able to comment on it.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, HoustonBoy said:

Great picture! Do you know what's happening in the very foreground?

That area where they look to be shoring up the bank of the bayou? I noticed that too. Maybe just trying to fix an erosion problem?

• Like 1

oh yeah that is exactly what they are doing...i ride my bike past that every day (from galleria condo to discovery green and back) and they started working on that a few weeks ago...they placed metal panels along the wall of the embankment. 

• Like 2

great photos and my god it has taken them no time to build the thing but it has taken them foreverrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr to get that crown done!!! haha!!! 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Urbannizer said:

This photo and it's angle are gorgeous and show just how BIG Houston really is and this is only the West Loop and Galleria area (partial).  Not very flat looking from the air BTW.  It also dwarfs all other "large" Texas cities by a long way.  Wish the national reputation and news media understood this, but maybe someday.  We Houstonians never were very good at promoting ourselves and this awesome city.

Also, would like to compliment the website for not showing so much of the "visit dallas" advertising as before where it was showing up at the very top banner for a long time.  Although, we are supposed to be nice to everyone and I get that, and yes, it does take money to run the site.  But.... this is the "HOUSTON" architecture forum after all.  Just sayin.  :)

• Like 6

On 10/29/2017 at 5:28 PM, HoustonMidtown said:

He now owns the only Bugatti dealership in Houston - which will be in the hotel

http://abc13.com/automotive/woke-up-in-a-new-bugatti-tilman-fertitta-owner-of-dealership/2581678/?sf128141389=1

Too cool. I read about it last month in the article below. The Post Oak Motor Cars at The Post Oak at Uptown Houston will be two stories as depicted in the renderings previously posted.

The executive currently is underway with The Post Oak at Uptown Houston, a 38-story tower offering 250 guestrooms, 20 residences, 35,000 sq. ft. of event space including a 16,000-sq.-ft. ballroom; spa and salon; restaurants Mastro’s Steakhouse and Willie G’s (part of Landry’s Signature Group); and luxury retail that includes a two-story Rolls-Royce and Bentley showroom (with some Bugattis for good measure)—a first for a hotel. And they can all be parked in the 10-story garage. For guests who don’t feel like driving, he hotel’s heliport will be an option.

Sited on 10 acres in the city’s Galleria/Uptown district, the mixed-use development, which also includes 150,000 sq. ft. of office space, is slated to open this winter.

But Fertitta knows there’s more to it than just what the eye can see. So while guests will be able to rest their heads on monogrammed pillows and select what type of linens they wish to sleep on during their stay, the executive stressed the biggest goal “is to make the service level as nice as any hotel” in the United States.

“One of the reasons we haven’t flagged it is because the Four Seasons or Ritz [-Carlton] or Mandarin [Oriental] flags want to manage the hotel. They all do an excellent job but they’re not going to manage the hotel as well as we are when it’s next door to my corporate office,” the CEO observed, noting all his current hotel properties are corporate managed.

https://www.hotelbusiness.com/billionaire-wishes-on-five-stars-in-houston/

https://www.facebook.com/BugattiHouston

https://www.pomcltd.com/

• Like 2