Pearland & Shadow Creek Town Centers

bsienk

Mooyah's sounds interesting.

Does anyone know when the Pearl Dynasty restaurant next to HEB will open?

Walked in front of it yesterday. Seems to be ready, should be opening pretty soon. There are still plenty of notices on the windows about liquor permit, etc; might be what is holding them.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Had dinner at Red Lobster and a couple of cocktails at Gringo's last night. Places were packed. Surprised with the good quality of food at Red Lobster.

Walked around the center and found that:

- Baker Street Pub @ Grill is coming soon to Pearland Town Center. I already spend enough time at their Sugar Land and Katy locations; now I will have one half a mile from my front door.

- Cork Wine: Good concept, decent kitchen; Unfortunately seems like they are closed. Probably bad timing since the apartments & hotel are just getting enough business.

- Sports Authority broke ground. Probably Coming 2Q of 09.

- Arby's structure is up; I'll give it a couple of months before opening.

Will try to check the new Kroger later today.

Chamo, did you notice any signs about the Pei Wei? It looks like it is getting close to completion. Thanks for the update.

Outside seems done. Did not check the building inside to see how far they are, but my best guesstimate is that they should be opening early January after the holidays.

BTW tried the Paciugo Ice cream yesterday, fantastic.

One of those strip centers, on the south side of 2234, the one with Lenny's in it - I noticed that the entire back wall (facing east) was torn down. Or it looked to be. What the heck is going on with that? Typical crappy suburban construction?

Another victim of Ike ...

I guess. It was just one wall though. No roof issues that I saw. And I didn't see much of any other damage around there. Like I said, typical crappy suburban strip mall construction.

agreed... the center across the street also had a portion of the back wall and front facing collapse

Oooh, a town center that everyone in the "town" has to drive to, great idea!

I traveled to Huntersville, NC for work (outside of Charlotte) a few weeks ago that had what I think this is aspiring to. But they did it better. Lots of spots to live along the main street, only parallel parking along most of the street.

http://www.birkdalevillage.net/welcome.htm

The main street and right off of it were very nice, but on weeknights (except the Monday night that the Panthers played on MNF, that was nuts everywhere) it was pretty quiet. However, as you branch out further from the main street, I saw a few areas that looked brand spanking new, with businesses occupying retail space that already had for lease signs up because they were closing down. That ain't good. I expect the same or worse fate for the Pearland Town Center. They just didn't do it nearly as nice, it seems to celebrate surface lots as much as it does retail space.

I guess. It was just one wall though. No roof issues that I saw. And I didn't see much of any other damage around there. Like I said, typical crappy suburban strip mall construction.

Doesn't the building code here in Brazoria County require them to build to withstand 130mph winds? Or is that just for residential construction? I remember when I saw those strip centers immediately after Ike, my first thought was that there might have been a little tornado there.

• 3 weeks later...

as someone who grew up near "new pearland" when it was just a pasture...the same things I see happened to my area has happened to Pearland in terms of people moving out from areas of Houston in masses...if anything, crime has left my old hood and went out there

considering Pearland's location though....not surprising as it offers easy access in and out

The Pearl Dynasty (Chinese) restaurant is now open. It sits next to HEB.

We tried it. The decor is nice and it was clean, but the food is not that great - especially for someone like me who has been trained (by Wendy) to understand what real Chinese food tastes like.

Still, I hope Pearl does thrive.

We tried it. The decor is nice and it was clean, but the food is not that great - especially for someone like me who has been trained (by Wendy) to understand what real Chinese food tastes like.

Not surprised. The Pearl Dynasty in the Kroger strip center on FM518 is not the best either. I finally stopped going there after giving them several chances....lol.

Not surprised. The Pearl Dynasty in the Kroger strip center on FM518 is not the best either. I finally stopped going there after giving them several chances....lol.

Hmmm. I've always been very pleased with my meals there. Is there a better Chinese place in the area you can recommend?

Tried it tonight..... Big menu selection; Wonton Soup and Egg Rolls were fantastic; main dishes were just Ok. I will probably stick with Pei Wei once they open.

My wife is also particular about her Chinese food and so far she has not found anything she would go back to... I'm interested to see if she will like Pei Wei ...

There another Chinese place opening at the new Shadow Creek Kroger...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
My wife is also particular about her Chinese food and so far she has not found anything she would go back to... I'm interested to see if she will like Pei Wei ...

There another Chinese place opening at the new Shadow Creek Kroger...

For what it's worth I tried the new chinese food place, Imperial China Diner, next to Krogers. To me the food was pretty good and the also offer brown rice. I am no chinese food connoisseur so maybe someone else can give their opinion. It won't hurt to check them out.

My wife and I both grew up eating lots of Chinese food (me here in Houston and she in NJ). Up until 2 years ago we would eat at Bellaire Chinatown every week. Now it's too hard to go that often with a baby.

We tried Pei Wei yesterday for lunch. We both had rice dishes with beef. It was pretty good, actually. Better than we expected. We'll be back.

We tried Pearl Dynasty a few weeks ago and were not impressed.

We'll have to try the place by Kroger's next.

For what it's worth I tried the new chinese food place, Imperial China Diner, next to Krogers. To me the food was pretty good and the also offer brown rice. I am no chinese food connoisseur so maybe someone else can give their opinion. It won't hurt to check them out.

• 1 month later...

Archived