Sign in to follow this  
bsienk

Pearland & Shadow Creek Town Centers

Thai Cottage is excellent. I have been enjoying them for years over in Clear Lake for lunch. I told them as soon as I moved to SCR two years ago that they need to put in another restaurant in SCR. I told them the area was booming! They finally listened to me. :) My wife and I are absolutely thrilled to have a Thai restaurant nearby finally.

We tried Thai Cottage for the first time last Monday. It was OK, but we left feeling underwhelmed. The satay appetizer we had was quite disappointing.

We prefer other Thai restaurants in the GHA more than this one, but on the other hand, this one is only 1 mile away from home. We could learn to like it more with that advantage. ^_^

We tried Thai Cottage for the first time last Monday. It was OK, but we left feeling underwhelmed. The satay appetizer we had was quite disappointing.

We prefer other Thai restaurants in the GHA more than this one, but on the other hand, this one is only 1 mile away from home. We could learn to like it more with that advantage. ^_^

Sorry to hear that. I was there for lunch also Monday..... Yellow Curry on the spicy side that left my mouth burning the rest of the day; love it.

I also tried for the first time the Fish City Grill; service is not smooth yet as you would expect from a new restaurant, but I have to say that food was a great surprise.

Just happy to have new options around the area. Mimi's & Red Lobster should be up and running pretty soon too.

I saw the sign for Which Wich sandwich shop. It's sort of hidden behind Denny's. Has anyone tried it yet? Is it even open now?

I saw the sign for Which Wich sandwich shop. It's sort of hidden behind Denny's. Has anyone tried it yet? Is it even open now?

I don't think they are open yet, but should be pretty soon. They have 3 other stores in the Houston area, seems like a nice alternative for the sandwich lovers.

http://www.whichwich.com/

There is a banner hanging on the side of the new Red Lobster at the PTC, I believe it says the grand opening is going to be Oct. 13th.

Edited by Timnwendy

There is a banner hanging on the side of the new Red Lobster at the PTC, I believe it says the grand opening is going to be Oct. 13th.

I also got a flyer on my mail from Dillard's. They are opening at the end of October..... I remember originally when the PTC plans came out they were talking 2009 opening for Dillard's, so they did pretty good.

Training is going on at Mimi's so should be opening soon and Gringo's is moving along, I give it one or two months to open.

I got an email alert from the PTC today. Dillard's and Mimi's Cafe are now both open. Has anyone been to either yet?

Also, there are some Halloween activities being held there tonight.

We ate at Mimi's yesterday. We were happy with the service, food quality and prices. I was especially pleased with their breakfast menu, which they serve until 2pm. IMHO, Mimi's is the place if you want a step up from Denny's or IHOP. The nice thing is that Mimi's prices were comparable to IHOP's - not expensive like I had suspected.

We also went to Dillard's and it looks nice.

Looking forward to when that Gringo's opens...

Coming soon to Shadow Creek Town Center; Mooyah; sign is up. Nothing wrong with Burger King & Whataburger for my personal taste, but good to have another option.

A friend told me that he ate the best burger ever at a place called Five Guys in Brazos Town Center; 20 minutes or so from my office; I will have to go and give it a a try.

Mooyah's sounds interesting.

Does anyone know when the Pearl Dynasty restaurant next to HEB will open?

Walked in front of it yesterday. Seems to be ready, should be opening pretty soon. There are still plenty of notices on the windows about liquor permit, etc; might be what is holding them.

Had dinner at Red Lobster and a couple of cocktails at Gringo's last night. Places were packed. Surprised with the good quality of food at Red Lobster.

Walked around the center and found that:

- Baker Street Pub @ Grill is coming soon to Pearland Town Center. I already spend enough time at their Sugar Land and Katy locations; now I will have one half a mile from my front door.

- Cork Wine: Good concept, decent kitchen; Unfortunately seems like they are closed. Probably bad timing since the apartments & hotel are just getting enough business.

- Sports Authority broke ground. Probably Coming 2Q of 09.

- Arby's structure is up; I'll give it a couple of months before opening.

Will try to check the new Kroger later today.

Chamo, did you notice any signs about the Pei Wei? It looks like it is getting close to completion. Thanks for the update.

Outside seems done. Did not check the building inside to see how far they are, but my best guesstimate is that they should be opening early January after the holidays.

BTW tried the Paciugo Ice cream yesterday, fantastic.

One of those strip centers, on the south side of 2234, the one with Lenny's in it - I noticed that the entire back wall (facing east) was torn down. Or it looked to be. What the heck is going on with that? Typical crappy suburban construction?

One of those strip centers, on the south side of 2234, the one with Lenny's in it - I noticed that the entire back wall (facing east) was torn down. Or it looked to be. What the heck is going on with that? Typical crappy suburban construction?

Another victim of Ike ...

I guess. It was just one wall though. No roof issues that I saw. And I didn't see much of any other damage around there. Like I said, typical crappy suburban strip mall construction.

I guess. It was just one wall though. No roof issues that I saw. And I didn't see much of any other damage around there. Like I said, typical crappy suburban strip mall construction.

agreed... the center across the street also had a portion of the back wall and front facing collapse

Was at Town Center Sunday and Cork Wine is gone. I went past the pavillion to the restroom and it was empty. No tables, chairs or anything. Looks like that was pretty short lived.

Oooh, a town center that everyone in the "town" has to drive to, great idea!

I traveled to Huntersville, NC for work (outside of Charlotte) a few weeks ago that had what I think this is aspiring to. But they did it better. Lots of spots to live along the main street, only parallel parking along most of the street.

http://www.birkdalevillage.net/welcome.htm

The main street and right off of it were very nice, but on weeknights (except the Monday night that the Panthers played on MNF, that was nuts everywhere) it was pretty quiet. However, as you branch out further from the main street, I saw a few areas that looked brand spanking new, with businesses occupying retail space that already had for lease signs up because they were closing down. That ain't good. I expect the same or worse fate for the Pearland Town Center. They just didn't do it nearly as nice, it seems to celebrate surface lots as much as it does retail space.

Doesn't the building code here in Brazoria County require them to build to withstand 130mph winds? Or is that just for residential construction? I remember when I saw those strip centers immediately after Ike, my first thought was that there might have been a little tornado there.

as someone who grew up near "new pearland" when it was just a pasture...the same things I see happened to my area has happened to Pearland in terms of people moving out from areas of Houston in masses...if anything, crime has left my old hood and went out there

considering Pearland's location though....not surprising as it offers easy access in and out

This is sad but not surprising. Pearland is steadily growing and will soon become just like Missouri City & Sugar Land as far as increasing crime. Just stay vigilant and hopefully you won't become a victim.

Yeah somehow I saw this coming

The Pearl Dynasty (Chinese) restaurant is now open. It sits next to HEB.

We tried it. The decor is nice and it was clean, but the food is not that great - especially for someone like me who has been trained (by Wendy) to understand what real Chinese food tastes like.

Still, I hope Pearl does thrive.

We tried it. The decor is nice and it was clean, but the food is not that great - especially for someone like me who has been trained (by Wendy) to understand what real Chinese food tastes like.

Not surprised. The Pearl Dynasty in the Kroger strip center on FM518 is not the best either. I finally stopped going there after giving them several chances....lol.

Not surprised. The Pearl Dynasty in the Kroger strip center on FM518 is not the best either. I finally stopped going there after giving them several chances....lol.

Hmmm. I've always been very pleased with my meals there. Is there a better Chinese place in the area you can recommend?

Hmmm. I've always been very pleased with my meals there. Is there a better Chinese place in the area you can recommend?

Wendy and I really like the Cafe Saigon further down 518 (east of 288).

Tried it tonight..... Big menu selection; Wonton Soup and Egg Rolls were fantastic; main dishes were just Ok. I will probably stick with Pei Wei once they open.

Don't know if we have any fans of the "Jon and Kate plus 8" TV show, but I just found out that Kate Gosselin (the mom) is going to be at the Barnes & Noble at the towncenter tonight (23rd) between 6-9pm for a book signing.

My wife is also particular about her Chinese food and so far she has not found anything she would go back to... I'm interested to see if she will like Pei Wei ...

There another Chinese place opening at the new Shadow Creek Kroger...

My wife is also particular about her Chinese food and so far she has not found anything she would go back to... I'm interested to see if she will like Pei Wei ...

There another Chinese place opening at the new Shadow Creek Kroger...

For what it's worth I tried the new chinese food place, Imperial China Diner, next to Krogers. To me the food was pretty good and the also offer brown rice. I am no chinese food connoisseur so maybe someone else can give their opinion. It won't hurt to check them out.

My wife and I both grew up eating lots of Chinese food (me here in Houston and she in NJ). Up until 2 years ago we would eat at Bellaire Chinatown every week. Now it's too hard to go that often with a baby.

We tried Pei Wei yesterday for lunch. We both had rice dishes with beef. It was pretty good, actually. Better than we expected. We'll be back.

We tried Pearl Dynasty a few weeks ago and were not impressed.

We'll have to try the place by Kroger's next.

For what it's worth I tried the new chinese food place, Imperial China Diner, next to Krogers. To me the food was pretty good and the also offer brown rice. I am no chinese food connoisseur so maybe someone else can give their opinion. It won't hurt to check them out.

According to the Town Center's leasing plan it will be a Vitamin Shoppe. YUM!!

Oooh, competition for the GNC there. Good. ^_^

According to the Town Center's leasing plan it will be a Vitamin Shoppe. YUM!!

Can't remember ever seeing a Vitamin Shoppe that big. What's yummy about it anyway?

Walked in front of it [Mooyah] yesterday. Seems to be ready, should be opening pretty soon. There are still plenty of notices on the windows about liquor permit, etc; might be what is holding them.

Wendy and I went to the grand opening of Mooyah's last weekend. It will be our one and only visit there. The fries were good but the burgers were a tasteless, greasy mess. Considering the prices they are charging, I predict this place will go out of business within a year. Mooyah is too expensive to compete with the other fast-food burger/sandwhich places nearby, and if I'm going to pay more for a burger then I'm going to Red Robin instead, which is just across the street. At least at Red Robin I know I will get a tasty burger for my $$.

Just our opinion, others may like Mooyah.

Mooyah isn't good enough to be gourmet, but probably not cheap enough to be fast food, so they are in an interesting place.

Buns are good, burgers are very very thin (though double stacked), and just ok. Fries are excellent.

Personally, my Red Robin experience was not good, I won't go back. I will probably still go to Mooyah's if I really want a burger on this side of 518 though.

Buns are good, burgers are very very thin (though double stacked), and just ok. Fries are excellent.

I visited Mooyah a couple of weeks ago. Burgers and fries ok, very good milkshakes. My neighbors had the turkey burger and they loved it.

I'll be back and probably head that way over Red Robin, but they won't beat the taste of that Whopper at 3 a.m!

Wendy and I went to the grand opening of Mooyah's last weekend. It will be our one and only visit there. The fries were good but the burgers were a tasteless, greasy mess. Considering the prices they are charging, I predict this place will go out of business within a year. Mooyah is too expensive to compete with the other fast-food burger/sandwhich places nearby, and if I'm going to pay more for a burger then I'm going to Red Robin instead, which is just across the street. At least at Red Robin I know I will get a tasty burger for my $.

Just our opinion, others may like Mooyah.

My family and I went to Mooyah's last weekend as well and we will NOT be back. The burgers are not worth the price and their hygienic practices are questionable. I didn't like the fact that they kept the same latex gloves on while making burgers, cleaning equipment, taking credit cards and money from customers, and going in and out of their stockroom.....gross.

I'm with Chamo. Forget these fancy burger places, a Texas Whopper or Angry Whopper is as good as it gets, for less. Can't beat the KING!!

I'm with Chamo. Forget these fancy burger places, a Texas Whopper or Angry Whopper is as good as it gets, for less. Can't beat the KING!!

The Whataburger with cheese, xtra onions and jalapenos beats the puny Burger King every time!

Knowing Chamo, Jack in the Box at 3 am would be good.

It's hard socializing in the big city when you live out there in the coastal 'burbs. ;)

Knowing Chamo, Jack in the Box at 3 am would be good.

You are correct, not very picky around those hours.

What is that construction on the pad site just across the street from the HEB car wash? Is it the McDonald's that the site plan shows for that location? Can anyone confirm?