Endeavour Condominiums

yaga

http://tranis01.h-gac.com/rtp25aspx/

Oh, wow! It's been updated pretty recently. Now HCTRA is tasked with letting the Fairmont/Red Bluff tollway construction contracts for a segment between BW8 and SH 146 by 1/1/2009...and the alignment makes sense.

And, strangely enough, the Port of Houston Authority and the City of La Porte are lead agencies on building an eight-lane freeway along Fairmont between Red Bluff and 16th Street, which is just shy of SH 146. The let date for construction contracts is 1/1/2015.

Suddenly land in Seabrook and La Porte is looking pretty desireable as an investment...

Given the rapid rise in population in League City and the gradual onset of highrise residential properties around the lake, I could see them wanting to move on this fairly soon, especially with the near completion of the Nasa Road Bypass.

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I stumbled upon this forum by accident, but I read all of the updates and found it very interesting.

I live off of Old Kirby and see the Endeavor every day - as far as I can tell, if they are not at the top floor, they are pretty close. It is very difficult to count floors while driving! :o As everybody knows, the work has begun on the Endeavor Parkside, just a couple hundred yards up the road. I have also read about the Marriott Apollo and the Towers on Jennings Island, all things I was already aware of. I am still confused as to whether or not the Endeavor Lofts are planned for the land adjacent to the newly acquired Endeavor Marina, or if it a Galveston Project. The point is, I had read about all of these projects in various places, but it was good to read more about them on here.

However, there is one project that I was unaware of and have not seen anything about it on here. In El Lago, just a little down the road from the Endeavor (eastward) I noticed a sign last week and have been trying to get a good look at it all week - it appeared to be a rendering of another high rise called the Lighthouse. Finally today, I decided to pull in to the parking lot. The sign said "The Lighthouse at 4011" and something about sustainable living. So I looked it up - I actually tried a search several days ago on lighthouse and El Lago with no joy. But with this added info I found it quickly today.

Here is the URL:

http://www.sustainablehomeliving.net/index.html

I guess I had heard rumors of an El Lago high rise for several years, but never anything definite, or a name, or anything that had cleared the town ordnances.

The website has lots of info - prices are high - lowest price I saw was in the upper $600s - for small units. Does anybody know the status of this project? Is it something the town has actually approved and that is going to happen?

I guess I had heard rumors of an El Lago high rise for several years, but never anything definite, or a name, or anything that had cleared the town ordnances.

The website has lots of info - prices are high - lowest price I saw was in the upper $600s - for small units. Does anybody know the status of this project? Is it something the town has actually approved and that is going to happen?

Thanks for the information and the link.

El Lago cleared the way for highrise waterfront development a year or so back, but the developer's plans never went forward. This project may or may not happen, as it remains to be seen just how deep the Clear Lake highrise condo market is, but I'm sure that they'll give it a good try.

It is kind of strange that they emphasize the LEED certification so much, given that it only adds justifiable value for a niche market, and that the Clear Lake highrise market isn't really mature enough for that level of segmentation to be very effective. ...yet they skimped on the website as part of the marketing effort. Seems really amateurish.

• 1 month later...

yeah, i've been seeing the ads for endeavor for a while now in the in-flight magazines (Continental and American). Interesting to see there are other Endeavor projects going on, too. I didn't know about the marina and the galveston project.

I've been travelling a lot this year (Just came back from DC, KC, Miami) , and people have been asking about the "Houston / Galveston beach area" with stuff like "I didn't know there was a beach near Houston. How far is it? What's it like?" or "What is the island by Houston? I thought Houston was landlocked."

So, people are hearing about the developments and changes on our waters...

yeah, i've been seeing the ads for endeavor for a while now in the in-flight magazines (Continental and American). Interesting to see there are other Endeavor projects going on, too. I didn't know about the marina and the galveston project.

I've been travelling a lot this year (Just came back from DC, KC, Miami) , and people have been asking about the "Houston / Galveston beach area" with stuff like "I didn't know there was a beach near Houston. How far is it? What's it like?" or "What is the island by Houston? I thought Houston was landlocked."

So, people are hearing about the developments and changes on our waters...

I saw it in the Continental Magazine as well.

On a side note, the billboards leading to Clearlake show that they have almost sold all the units.

There is a good market for high-rise condos over there, so I am sure we will be seeing more development.

We have reached the 9th floor and are currently working on the forms for the 10th floor. Framing has started on the lower floors and we expect to occupy the building late July 2007. Endeavour is over 80% SOLD OUT and we have a long list of people waiting for us to release the presale inventory for Endeavour Parkside. Endeavour Parkside will be 34 floors and start in the $300's up to 3million plus.

What can you tell us about the Poretto Beach project?

• 3 weeks later...
Damn. Reminds me of the Mercer. I was afraid of that.

It's going to look beautiful from the lake, but butt ugly from the highway.

nasa 1 is not really known for its views now. a few are nice but in that area, they aren't special. it'll be interesting to see it when done.

It's the same architectural firm as the Mercer (EDI Architects) and it's the same tunnel-form process. I find it very hard to make a tunnel form building look pleasing to the eye. My worry was always the same as niche's and there never seemed to be a rendering for the "backside" which just further hightened my concerns.

It's the same architectural firm as the Mercer (EDI Architects) and it's the same tunnel-form process. I find it very hard to make a tunnel form building look pleasing to the eye. My worry was always the same as niche's and there never seemed to be a rendering for the "backside" which just further hightened my concerns.

It looks like it will be quite a bit better than the Mercer on the back side. Appears to have a lot more fenestrations. Not just a giant, practically blank, wall.

I agree ^^^, although I can also see Kinkaid and Musicman's points. My first thought after seeing those two photos was: The Mercer!

OTOH, with the elements put in place on the rear (rather than just the equivalent of a skinny, blank wall), it more appears to be the version of what the Mercer should've been.

I noticed a sign on the beach in Galveston for Endeavor @ Poretto Beach.. It's the same kind of building built by the same developer on the beach side of the seawall, around 10th and Seawall Blvd. (aross from the nasty Jack in the Box and the $8 motel).

Anyone know anthing about this "Endeavor"?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived