Where To Entertain Guests From India?

jc281

Looking for some good (professional) places/restaurants to take (middle-aged) guests from Mumbai around in Houston.

I would ask them what "they" would like to eat while visiting. I doubt they want food from thier homeland.

I personally would not take them anywhere in SW area unless they insist. Greenway Plaza area is fine and Galleria, some of Midtown and some of downtown. Again, it depends on what they want to eat, they may have spiritual reasons, etc. Rice Village has some fun and good eateries with live entertainment. :D

A baseball game. We took our Pune visitors and they loved it. While we were at the game George Herbert Walker Bush walks up to the group and introduces himself.

Talk about some happy Indians. They could not belive it. I need to post the picture. It's worth a 1000 words.

What is their diet?

vegetarian for starters, there are probably several other restrictions culturally that i am just not aware of yet.

so of course there are options for that everywhere, but certainly none of my favorite places cater to that. a place that has that mindset thats still pretty formal would be great

I'm of indian descent. When we have guests from india, they like things that are very american. Like the aquarium downtown, or Tony's. Kiran's has very good upscale food. Most places have at least one vegetarian dish on the menu. I would avoid steak houses. As most Hindu's don't eat beef.

Our family likes rice village, cheesecake factory. My uncle from india was so disapointed with america until we took him to las vegas. He couldn't believe it, he kept saying "now i am finally in america" He also loved the rodeo.

My husband also likes to take his indian team to sporting events.

I'm of indian descent. When we have guests from india, they like things that are very american. Like the aquarium downtown, or Tony's. Kiran's has very good upscale food. Most places have at least one vegetarian dish on the menu. I would avoid steak houses. As most Hindu's don't eat beef.

Our family likes rice village, cheesecake factory. My uncle from india was so disapointed with america until we took him to las vegas. He couldn't believe it, he kept saying "now i am finally in america" He also loved the rodeo.

My husband also likes to take his indian team to sporting events.

There you are! Smart thinking.

I bet Vegas bedazzled him! I can never get enough of Vegas. I can imagine what he thought of the all-you-can-eat buffets there. :P

Archived