roadrunner

ATL was developed by intelligent design not by evolution and unregulated land development.

Biological evolution's trigger, Natural Selection, gave us opposable thumbs and a gigantic brain giving us the ability to build such things as cities. Then again, it also gave us mosquitoes and manatees. This organic natural growth can either bring greatness, pure crap or useless oddities. Only time will tell. Natural selection took a billion years to bring basic one-celled life to the level of humanity whereas intelligent design says the entire thing occurred in 6000 years. Let's just be patient and Houston will blossom on its own, in its own time.

Hey guys I browse this site weekly however this is my first ever post! When I lived in Houston's Post Midtown Square 8-9 years ago I prayed that "Midtown" would eventually get developed into this true urban oasis that many Haif'ers (like myself) crave, but when I would come back to visit 2-3 times a year I would notice that "Midtown" was at best slow to develop and half of the new development was disappointing to say the least (i.e. both new suburban style CVS stores).

I live in Midtown Atlanta right in the mix of everything and would always wonder why Houston's "Midtown" couldn't get their act together. My neighborhood is vibrant, eclectic, and walkable with numerous newly developed and older highrise and midrise condos above retail.

I wouldn't exactly call Midtown ATL an urban oasis. It has poorly developed street grid with above average connectivity but great modern buildings and architecture. It reminds of Victory Park in Dallas, caters specifically to the upper class hip professional demographics.

Didn't see another thread regarding this, but there is an almost complete building the next block up of Camden Travis. It looks like one of those executive suite hotels, it takes up between 1/2-1/4 of the block and is about 4-5 stories tall. Looked like the exterior had a good deal of it completed.

Yeah I noticed the building under construction next door and I was surprised nobody had mentioned it on here yet. If you drive west on McGowan to Milam the construction you're talking about is on the right, isn't it?

The one I am talking about seems to be facing Travis but we may be talking about the same building. Like I said, it was facing Travis close to the intersection of Hadley.

Man I just don't know anymore. According to this map from the above link Map, it should be about where the parking structure was. Again, the structure looked like a small executive suite style hotel complex, about 4-5 stories. Maybe they were doing some work on part of the Travis Loft building which made it seem like an almost completed building or maybe I am getting my location wrong but I saw this from the restaurant Reef.

Man I just don't know anymore. According to this map from the above link Map, it should be about where the parking structure was. Again, the structure looked like a small executive suite style hotel complex, about 4-5 stories. Maybe they were doing some work on part of the Travis Loft building which made it seem like an almost completed building or maybe I am getting my location wrong but I saw this from the restaurant Reef.

The condos are on the small lot between the Camden Midtown parking garage and the big Chrysler lot where they park all of their cars that are for sale. They are a small set of condos different than Camden Travis. I always see them when I walk down McGowen towards the train.

They have some really good balconies facing downtown too.

The condos are on the small lot between the Camden Midtown parking garage and the big Chrysler lot where they park all of their cars that are for sale. They are a small set of condos different than Camden Travis. I always see them when I walk down McGowen towards the train.

They have some really good balconies facing downtown too.

Ah the mystery is solved. Thanks.

i wonder what The Reef thinks about this new building. it totally obstructs their view of downtown.

I like that they've done the front in brick, but the side reminds me of a cheap hotel

Did The Reef actually have that great of a view? I've never been in there, but it's on the first floor and it already had that parking garage in the way

Just noticed that Camden now has info about Camden Travis online (including floor plans).

Link

Camden Travis Street is all about location and style! Choose from a variety of spacious one and two bedroom floor plans. Great features include crown molding, ceiling fans, large soaking tubs, full size washers and dryers, and so much more! Our pet-friendly community with a dog run also offers direct access to garages, resort-style swimming pool with cabanas, and a state-of-the-art fitness center. If convenience is what you’re after, this community boasts loads of exterior amenities sure to make your life more relaxing. Best of all, residents of Camden Travis Street are just a short distance to surrounding destinations such as recreational venues, popular area dining, entertainment, shopping, and night life. Camden Travis Street is within close proximity of the Metro rail line and convenience to Downtown and the Medical Center. Come experience living excellence today at Camden Travis Street, where a world of convenience awaits you!

The floor plans aren't bad... but are definitely a little pricey. They do have some additional amenities from other apartments I've seen...

• Expanded cable
  • High-endurance fitness zone
  • Parking garage with direct apartment access
  • Resident gaming lounge
  • Social network cafe with Wi-Fi
  • Spectacular pool with Wi-Fi access
  • TAEXX in-wall pest control system
  • Valet waste front door trash pickup

The floor plans aren't bad... but are definitely a little pricey. They do have some additional amenities from other apartments I've seen...

• Expanded cable
  • High-endurance fitness zone
  • Parking garage with direct apartment access
  • Resident gaming lounge
  • Social network cafe with Wi-Fi
  • Spectacular pool with Wi-Fi access
  • TAEXX in-wall pest control system
  • Valet waste front door trash pickup

Oh cool, trash will be left in the hallways for pickup, that sounds ritzy!