Houston A Key For Texas Win

Trae

Obama has a Cuban flag in his Houston offices:

Greater Houston holds more than a quarter of the total Texas delegates that Democratic contenders Clinton and Obama will be fighting over. Two forces, other than whatever magic the candidates themselves can bring, will shape the outcome--and no, one of them is not the Latino vote. The first shaping force is Houston herself, which is the second-most ethnically diverse city in the country. Only the five boroughs of New York have populations who have come from a larger number of different places around the world.

The University of Houston is the most culturally diverse school in the nation.

This multiculturalism is immediately apparent at the Clinton Campaign Kickoff in Houston on Sunday afternoon. Although a Clinton field office has yet to open here, the local volunteers have already got going. Wisely, they have chosen a culturally neutral Kickoff venue, the front driveway of a union hall in an area of scrubbed city blocks (ready for "urban renewal") near the downtown Hilton (This is the Communications Workers' Union Hall--not that it matters-- because unions have never been powerful in Texas and will not matter here in the upcoming election.)

In this no-man's land, however, swaying to canned music for Clinton are Pakistanis, Indians, Vietnamese, Chinese, Koreans, Malaysians, Latinos and Latinas, Hispanics from the Caribbean, Brazilians, Nigerians, Anglos and a few African-Americans. And these are just the folk I can place.

More: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/mayhill-fowl...g-_b_86357.html

I Ctrl-F'd flag and found nothing. I know I saw on Channel 2 yesterday that a woman who runs a volunteer office has one up w/ a silouette of some commy on it, which probably isn't too far from what his views are anyway. But she's not part of the official campaign. Still

In this no-man's land, however, swaying to canned music for Clinton are Pakistanis, Indians, Vietnamese, Chinese, Koreans, Malaysians, Latinos and Latinas, Hispanics from the Caribbean, Brazilians, Nigerians, Anglos and a few African-Americans. And these are just the folk I can place.

I've yet to talk to any Asian that wants Hilary or Obama. Most are very conservative and don't want to give up a penny of their hard earned money - much less be taxed to death so illegals can get what they're working so hard as legal-immigrants for.

Besides, how could this old white woman pick the different ethnicities out in the crowd? I'm thinking this reporter embellished her story. I'd be willing to bet that Smurfs, Garden Gnomes, Leprechauns were in attendance, by her account as well.

Archived