Apartments In Fairfield?

honeym

Well, if you can vote, vote no....I just don't understand apartments in suburban Houston...

That clear cutting of land at Telge and Huffmeister is a shame...since I moved here (2005) the clear cutting has reached an obscene level, I guess I am part of the reason it is happening (growth)...but most people I know hate it, it's ironic....

Actually there are 2 sets of apartments (or multi-family homes) coming to Fairfield. One is planned for the area next to Fairfield Baptist Church along the frontage road where the driving range used to be (and is currently being used for soccer). The other will be on the opposite side of Cypresswood from the mall and that is the one that is slated to be built first. It is supposed to be a smaller low-density complex

Actually there are 2 sets of apartments (or multi-family homes) coming to Fairfield. One is planned for the area next to Fairfield Baptist Church along the frontage road where the driving range used to be (and is currently being used for soccer). The other will be on the opposite side of Cypresswood from the mall and that is the one that is slated to be built first. It is supposed to be a smaller low-density complex

Isn't there just a ditch and then houses on the opposite side of Cypresswood from the mall? Doesn't seem like there is space there for anything.

I would be one.....when I worked at Prairie View a few years back I didn't want to live in Waller, the apartments off Barker Cypress weren't open yet and I didn't want to live off 290 and 1960 as the complexes were too cheap so I settled for further down 1960 by Willowbrook and I also lived in Tomball...

Fairfield would be closer for individuals who work at PV and the new hospitals off 290....

the key is pricing the apartments.....you got to make them higher than average so it won't become overrun with students/families but you can't make them too expensive as the location will detract some from moving in

but in Houston.....people come from all over to fill these places so who knows..

however, these developers now want to get the most bang for the buck...older developers at one time would not ever attempt to mix apartments with high-end living

What demographic wants to rent apartments that far from civilization? Hermits?

Not too many, but in rapidly developing areas, there's usually a market for households that have just moved into a city and are still shopping for a home, especially when people have kids and don't want to move them around between schools too much. Additionally, there is a small but expanding retail presence up that direction, and those employees (like anybody else) tend to prefer living close to where they work. Throw in the PV crowd. And also folks that want to access good schools and a master-planned community setting without paying the price for a single-family home.

I've also anecdotally been told that there are sometimes very wealthy households in communities like Fairfield that have hired housekeepers that they give a housing stipend to so that they can live very close by. I'm not sure true or common that is.

I've also anecdotally been told that there are sometimes very wealthy households in communities like Fairfield that have hired housekeepers that they give a housing stipend to so that they can live very close by. I'm not sure true or common that is.

Not sure how common it is, but I have at least one neighbor that does this....

What demographic wants to rent apartments that far from civilization? Hermits?

But that's how civilization becomes civilization, and that part of the city is on its way to becoming self contained. There are some apartments in my nabe from the 1940s, 5 miles from downtown, and I'm sure there were people then wondering the same thing.

Archived