What Mall Use To Be At The Corner Of Bissonnet And 59?

citykid09

What mall use to be at the corner of Bissonnet and 59? I remember years back my uncle said that use to be a mall and when I passed by there the other day it reminded me to ask you guys what mall that was?

I believe it was Westwood Mall

How about Sharpstown Mall, still around or bit the dust? I've heard it's very dangerous there. Friend of mine in Houston refuses to shop there.

We should be so lucky as to have that mall bite the dust. As of yet, it hasn't happened, but Macy's is pulling out, so the rest should be turned into a flea market by say October ?

We should be so lucky as to have that mall bite the dust. As of yet, it hasn't happened, but Macy's is pulling out, so the rest should be turned into a flea market by say October ?

Sorry to hear that. Back in the day, had lots of great 'retail therapy' at Sharpstown.

How about Sharpstown Mall, still around or bit the dust? I've heard it's very dangerous there. Friend of mine in Houston refuses to shop there.

Oh you know jgriff too?

The sold out and it became the West Houston Technology Center. Interesting that they changed out the rest of the mall but kept the Sears part intact.

I've been in there, and it's pretty nice. Basically an indoor office park with a food court. Probably the best conversion of a mall I've ever seen.

They have good eats nearby (well, just Timmy Chan's).

Head north to Bellaire for good asian food. There's a Pappa's just down the street on as well as an Olive Garden, Saltgrass, Sam's Boat and others on with 59.

• 11 years later...
On 2/8/2008 at 3:09 PM, TJones said:

Since about 1992 or 93. Anyone else have a different timeframe ?

it was after that. maybe anchor tenants (and other tenants) had dropped at that time, but it was still a mall, with a food court and all that stuff in the early 90s.

Archived