Shadow Creek Ranch Schools

btg74

I've recently been told by a builder that FBISD and AISD are in talks and Alvin is trying to get all of SCR to their district. Anyone know anything on this or has this been going on for a while and continue to just be speculation. I am just nervous of the schools on the Fort Bend Side. Am I overreacting to all of this? I would think in 10+ years a new high school will be available. Willowridge as it stands has subpar dropout rates, ect. This is a make or break deal for moving to SCR (Arbor Lakes). Any help would be great.

I have heard the same rumor, but I don't give it much credibility. I have always assumed it was the builder's way of trying to make more home sales where they know there is a concern that may cause buyers to walk away. Oddly enough, Ryland's website for the Concerto Series (Arbor Lakes) talks about the great Alvin schools and makes no mention of the fact that the section is in Fort Bend County. (http://www.ryland.com/find-your-new-home/1...tion.html?t=qmi) Quite misleading.

I'm not saying a change can't be made, just like the one that put SCR into Alvin schools rather than Pearland schools. However, if the FBISD schools are a sticking point for you, I would suggest not buying based on a hope or a promise from a salesperson that is on the builders payroll. FYI...a trusted source told me that Ryland salespeople, on average, made roughly half the income in 2007 that they made in 2006. It was still a good living, but not if he or she was accustomed to making significantly more. There are likely some hungry salespeople out there.

I guess I'm a dropout...lol.....Willowridge was majority white when it opened and Hightower now is going through what Willowridge went rhrough so your gambling whatsoever....

Willowridge has a smaller student-teacher ratio than all FBISD schools as opposed to being jam packed into Hightower...a new school will open in South Sienna Plantation in a few years but who knows what zones will be there as Willowridge's enrollment won't grow by leaps and bounds at that time..

When did that happen? Why? Is there a news site that documents this?

It was an agreement that was reached before SCR ever broke ground. I think you yourself has told others that if you live in the Brazoria County side of SCR that you would attend the elementary school in SCR, the Jr. High in Manvel and Manvel High School. This is not breaking news its been this way from the start.

Well, what I am saying is: was the SCR area always under control of Alvin ISD? I know that it is in Alvin ISD (what I told others), but did a land swap take place?

It was an agreement that was reached before SCR ever broke ground. I think you yourself has told others that if you live in the Brazoria County side of SCR that you would attend the elementary school in SCR, the Jr. High in Manvel and Manvel High School. This is not breaking news its been this way from the start.

What I am asking is: Was Alvin ISD always in control of the area? Or did it swap land with another district?

I must be missing the point of your question. The Brazoria side of SCR has been in AISD for years, but I imagine that you knew that. Am I missing something?
Edited by VicMan

To be honest with you prior to SCR being built I venture to say that the were a sum total of zero residents on the property. I don't honestly know what school district covered the area. More than likely the Brazoria County area fell into the Pearland District because the area was in Pearlands EJT. When the SCR developers approached the Pearland City Council to seek the permits to build SCR PISD immediatly said "we can't handle the increase" Pearland Council along with the developers approached Alvin ISD and Alvin said yeah, we'll take it and did. The idea of you asking about a land swap is throwing me a bit simply because a swap denotes I give you something, and you give me something in return. Alvin got SCR and Pearland got nothing in return.

After reading your response several times VicMan I guess what your trying to ask is why would Pearland ISD give up the area's tax revenues to Alvin without getting something in return from Alvin ISD? If that's the question then the answer is simple, the tax revenues were almost zero. The entire area was farmed and covered under agricultural exemptions which meant the landowners were paying next to nothing in taxes. For Pearland to continue to receive the taxes as SCR was built they would have had to provide the schools for them and they simply said no thanks from day one.

Edited by brerrabbit

• 1 year later...

<H1 class=storyHeadline>

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?section=...=6735158

Local student heads to National Spelling Bee</H1>PEARLAND, TX (KTRK) -- A seventh grader from Pearland will represent Houston in the National Spelling Bee. Area school kids competed in a spelling bee over the weekend. Aditya Chemudupaty from Nolan Ryan Junior High in Alvin ISD won by spelling the word, decastich, which means a poem or stanza having ten lines.

The Scripps National Spelling Bee will be held at the end of May.

• The title was changed to Shadow Creek Ranch Schools