Oak Hardwood Floors From 1950's House

travelguy_73

Approximately 1240 sq ft of beautiful oak hardwood floors in 1950's inner loop home. Boards are 3/4" thick x 2-1/4" wide x various lengths, and we believe they are red oak. Tongue & groove w/hidden nails installation. This house is soon to be demolished, and so floors need to be removed and carried away by the buyer.

$2480 ($2 per sq.ft), or make an offer that is fair to both parties. Message me if you want to make arrangements to view in person.

2242917102_a17ffdb5b0_o.jpg

I think $2 per square foot is a little much considering the buyer would have to remove them all himself and haul them.

I'd love to recycle the material (I want to put wood in my house), but not if I have to pay to have it pulled out, hauled off and installed again.

If you want me to just get it out, that'd be great. Would be sad to see the material wasted.

I tore out a section of hardwood flooring at my house in Timbergrove. Some idiot was staining the floors, and left a Rubbermaid trashcan of oily rags in the middle of the floor before leaving for the night. I was lucky the smoke smothered the fire.

Granted, my task was tougher because I started in the middle of the room. But, even when I got a couple of rows removed wall to wall, it was still a bear to remove. At that age, the nails will be square nails, and you will shatter a few planks along the way.

Costco in Austin has solid bamboo snap-together flooring for just over $2 a foot. That may not be your bag, but it

I've been down this road. You can't save money by tearing out an old floor unless you forget to account for all the time and labor it takes to remove the floor and the old nails.

Kudos for trying to recycle though.

flipper

Just as a comparison, brand new oak flooring in that size is only about $2.45 sq ft at Home Depot, I recently had to patch up a section under a removed built-in in my 1949 house. I love the idea of recycling, but there's nothing particularly valuable or unusual about that flooring.

Archived