Development At Shepherd Dr. And West Alabama St.

hysinger

Would this be an effort to combine the acquired properties into one, or break up differently? "Shepherd and West Alabama Reserve Subd" doesn't appear to be all that informative

Also, a quick check on HCAD shows that the 2.2 acres would also include all of the originally discussed land, including the Garvis property on Shepherd and onto Sul Ross

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Confirmation it will at the least be multi-family...

If this plat is proposed to be multi-family residential, it is subject to the Parks and Open Space requirements of

42-251. A fee per unit will be assessed at the time of permitting at the then-current fee rate. If a private park is to be

proposed or public park land is to be dedicated, park land reserves or land dedication must be shown on the face of

plat at this time.

From yesterday's agenda

Confirmation it will at the least be multi-family...

I dunno....a lot of "if"s in there. Maybe they'll turn it into park :)

Did anyone else notice that Ruchi's name is no longer there? Now it's just some generic "Taqueria & Grill" or something. The fact that there are large "For information" signs posted all over the property also seems to confirm that there will be a commercial component as well

• 2 years later...

according to an email i just received, Read King is ready to develop:

alabamaandshepherd.jpg

Preleasing has begun and the project will break ground in Q1 ‘12. The development will have 250 luxury apartment units and 30k SF of high-end retail when it opens in Q2 ‘13. The project is unnamed so far.

design is subject to change, of course.

this will be one of three "urban mixed-use" developments for Read King over the next three years.

no clue what corner this is going on, though.

according to an email i just received, Read King is ready to develop:

alabamaandshepherd.jpg

design is subject to change, of course.

this will be one of three "urban mixed-use" developments for Read King over the next three years.

no clue what corner this is going on, though.

The Read King website lists the Southwest corner, where Ruchi's is located, but doesn't show any new construction.

http://www.read-king...hepherd_alabama

The Read King website lists the Southwest corner, where Ruchi's is located, but doesn't show any new construction.

http://www.read-king...hepherd_alabama

Read Kng just announced the development yesterday, according to the email i got, so that's probably why it's not on their website yet.

regardless, this is a great location for this type of project... yes, traffic will suck but traffic sucks there anyways. it's time we start seeing more density inside the loop and i am all for it.

here's hoping it actually happens.

Three years after buying property at the corner of Shepherd and W. Alabama, Read King Commercial Real Estate and an undisclosed developer plan to develop a five-story apartment building with one floor of retail space.

The new Inner Loop development, at the southwest corner of the intersection, will replace two shopping centers whose tenants include the Fly High Little Bunny jewelry shop and Ruchis El Rincon De Mexico Grill.

http://www.bizjournals.com/houston/morning_call/2011/08/latest-inner-loop-apartment-project.html?s=newsletter&ed=2011-08-12&ana=e_hstn_rdup

This is the perfect location overall. You have a couple of great places to go after you get home and walk to. Heck, even Whole foods and randalls is but a few minutes walk away.

Whole Foods? Maybe 15 years ago. Fiesta and/or the new HEB would be closer.

I remember Ruchi's used to have some restaurants labeled Americas (or something similar) and some El Rincon de Mexico (they're all this way now I think) - the Americas ones seemed to have less spicy salsa and food..

I go to the one off Fuqua/45 once in a long while and it's decent - it also used to be a Double Dave's Pizza so all the booths have "DD" etched in to them..

So much for "high rise." Only five stories Sad for such a good location.

I'll update the thread title.

Added to the interactive map of Houston projects: http://maps.google.c...02ee46915&msa=0

I agree that a midrise might be better for the area for now...

But until transportation in the area is improved, I don't think a highrise can be built in the area.

• 1 month later...

Archived