Condemned/Abandoned Church Buildings

danes75

I'm looking for an old church building that has great, classic design that is either condemned or abandoned within the city limits (preferably in the midtown area). I saw one once near all those Urban Lofts near PE but haven't been able to find it again. It looked like it was just the walls left.

Does anyone have any photos or suggestions?

Thanks.

• Like 1

I'm looking for an old church building that has great, classic design that is either condemned or abandoned within the city limits (preferably in the midtown area). I saw one once near all those Urban Lofts near PE but haven't been able to find it again. It looked like it was just the walls left.

Does anyone have any photos or suggestions?

Thanks.

For 270K, you can have a direct, across-the-street view of the church I think you're talking about...

http://search.har.com/engine/dispSearch.cfm?mlnum=7732377 (check the map on this listing - Andrews/Crosby St is where the church is.)

You will be very lucky to find any. The city/owners normally board up as a rule so you would not have entry access. You would have better luck in older cities like San Antonio if you are seeking a historical appearance. You may have better luck in the outskirts of Houston like heading to Galveston along OG Road or whatever they call it now. Take a look at some photos Boris once took under Photo section, he snapped some good ones of houses of worship in small town away from Hou. Good luck.

• The title was changed to Condemned/Abandoned Church Buildings
  • This topic was pinned and unpinned