Hourly Rate For Plumber?

I have one running tests to see what is wrong... there is some kind of leak in the shower area..

I am guessing I have to find out what exactly is wrong before I can bid by the job?

Looks like I may need some tile work done as well... :(

This guy charging $65 per hour to run these tests... sound fair?

I have one running tests to see what is wrong... there is some kind of leak in the shower area..

I am guessing I have to find out what exactly is wrong before I can bid by the job?

Looks like I may need some tile work done as well... :(

This guy charging $65 per hour to run these tests... sound fair?

Yeah, you need to find out whats wrong...and by the sound of it you won't like the answer. Just have someone around making sure they're working the whole time while hourly and then bid the job when you know the problem. Good luck!

Thanks guys... I have noticed he has been on the phone a lot. We will discuss that when he tells me final price for today...

So far... the test shows no leaks in any of the pipes..and my pressure is good. Today he is only caulking the shower fixture. I asked him to look at some other things "while he was here" so you know the bill is going up by the minute. The problem in the shower is definitely tile leaking... not good...

There goes the tax return money...

Can anyone recommend a tile person? Near the Heights area.

• 2 weeks later...

$65 is a reasonable price. The prettier the van that they pull up in, the more they cost. Does the problem only occur after someone uses the shower, or is it a constant drip? If it's only when someone uses the shower, the caulking will probably fix it. Otherwise, it may be more costly.

Archived