A Change In Quanell? Huh?

ricco67

I was stunned when I first saw the article and I sat disbelieving after I read it.

Could he actually be on the right path and maybe actually be on the way to following in the footsteps of Malcom X who saw enlightenment and later demise because of his change in views?

I don't know what to think now, I have never been a fan of Quanell, but I think if he continues his rhetoric in racially charged issues, then his credibility will be in serious doubt with me.

Yes, and the next thing we'll see if Mr. x running for city council. Jew Don Boney redux.

What kinda foo do he think I is?

You have to admit Jew Don moderated his views a bit when he was on council. If Quannel 10 is doing some reputation PR he probably is looking at some public office.

I always said he is probably a really normal person (when camera is turned off).

Bet if you met him in a casual setting he would be a totally different person. There's something about the spotlight that fuels the ego in some. He should consider acting, seriously. Imagine him guest starring on American Idol/ER or something along that line. :) Ok now thats silly.

I always said he is probably a really normal person (when camera is turned off).

I see him at my gym all the time and you're correct... he's just a normal guy.. brings his little boy to the gym's childcare, no fanfare, always polite, I didn't even realize who he was untill someone pointed him out...

I see him at my gym all the time and you're correct... he's just a normal guy.. brings his little boy to the gym's childcare, no fanfare, always polite, I didn't even realize who he was untill someone pointed him out...

The fact that he's a normal guy when cameras aren't around scares me. How many other nut cases are out there that seem normal when you see them at the gym or grocery store?

He's an ebarrasment to all the hard working, normal black people out there. If I was black I think I'd be angry that the news media keeps showing this guy on TV. I know I would be angry if they had a member of the KKK being shown as the spokesman for white people all the time.

The fact that he's a normal guy when cameras aren't around scares me. How many other nut cases are out there that seem normal when you see them at the gym or grocery store?

He's an ebarrasment to all the hard working, normal black people out there. If I was black I think I'd be angry that the news media keeps showing this guy on TV. I know I would be angry if they had a member of the KKK being shown as the spokesman for white people all the time.

I am black and do not see him as MY spokesperson. I think he raises good points AT TIMES and challenges the status quo which angers and scares a lot of people. That said, I think he also puts his foot in his mouth A LOT and really doesn't pick his fights very well.

While I would agree with you wholeheartedly, have you even read the article?

While I would agree with you wholeheartedly, have you even read the article?

Yep, I read it. I like the fact that he's not accepting racism against blacks by palestinian muslims. But I don't think we should be listening to someone who is just now coming to this realization. He discoverd that palestinian muslims can be racist. Wow, how long did it take him to figure that out? He comes across as someone with all the sophistication of a 4 year old. This guy should be in 1st grade, not a spokesman for black issues.

I am black and do not see him as MY spokesperson. I think he raises good points AT TIMES and challenges the status quo which angers and scares a lot of people. That said, I think he also puts his foot in his mouth A LOT and really doesn't pick his fights very well.

I agree. I also think that its quite unfair that the media picks people to put on TV and then says they are "speaking for black people". What a joke. There are 40 million black American in this country. No one person, not Jesse Jackson, not Al Sharpton, not Quanell is speaking for all of us.

Quannel X wants Chuck Rosenthal out of the DA's office! Frankly I don't care about the protest, other than the fact that if Quannel X brings a solid group with him, then it'll be a great opportunity for a photo shoot! I'll certainly be taking some pictures, so if no one else is going to check it out, I'll be posting mine regardless.

What: Quannel X Wants Chuck OUT!

When: 12 Noon, Thursday Jan 31, 2008

Where: Harris County Criminal Courthouse ~ 1201 Franklin St, 77002

I'm sure the news media will be there, and if its anything like the last time the Courthouse had a large protest (hundreds of people protested w/ Quannel X), so will cops on horses and snipers on roofs! I'll be there with my camera. Good times had by all :D

http://blogs.houstonpress.com/houstoned/2008/01/quanell_x_joins_the_chuck_rose.php

I can't stand Quannel or Chuck... who to root for???? :unsure:

My thoughts exactly.

Although at least QX isn't a government official. You can be as much of a racist as you want in your private life for all I care but a racist DA is a real danger. Plus anyone who is stupid enough to use e-mail the way he did is not qualified to be a DA if you ask me. I hate to say it but I think QX is right on this one.

My thoughts exactly.

Although at least QX isn't a government official. You can be as much of a racist as you want in your private life for all I care but a racist DA is a real danger. Plus anyone who is stupid enough to use e-mail the way he did is not qualified to be a DA if you ask me. I hate to say it but I think QX is right on this one.

I still fail to see how receiving an email makes someone a racist. I don't even see how exchanging jokes about other ethnic groups makes someone racist. If that were the case, nearly every single black comic would be racist, and I doubt that to be the case. So would people like Simon Peters.

Just another example of people throwing the race card when it doesn't actually apply. Then they go and turn the JENA6 in to heros.

I still fail to see how receiving an email makes someone a racist. I don't even see how exchanging jokes about other ethnic groups makes someone racist. If that were the case, nearly every single black comic would be racist, and I doubt that to be the case. So would people like Simon Peters.

Just another example of people throwing the race card when it doesn't actually apply. Then they go and turn the JENA6 in to heros.

That may very well be. Let me frame my upcoming comments by saying I probably have similar views about the situation that you do. So with that said, what needs to be taken into account is the fact that there are unbelievably powerful people who want him out of office. I absolutely guarantee that has more to do with the emails than race or affairs do, and that is a matter of fact. In fact, the media-prosecution actually has nothing to do with race, at its roots. So while the media plays it up like a big "oh my gosh!," the fact of the matter is the media is just one of many power-tools that a few interested parties at the commanding heights of Houston politics are using to usher his career as the DA to an end, and the big "email scandal" is just an excuse to character assassinate him. And don't get me wrong - I'm not saying he shouldn't be gone either - I really don't care either way, because it doesn't have anything to do with ethics, but rather it has everything to do with the underbelly of Houston politics. There's nothing illegal about racist emails, and nothing illegal about having an inappropriate relationship with someone who works for you. Sleazy? Maybe, but that doesn't matter ... until someone wants to bring you down, politically. Then you've got a mess on your hands, and Chuck is fighting that up-hill battle right now.

In any case, just to keep the thread on track, I'll post photos (as long as its not raining) tomorrow, if I have time to get down there. I should, and if its half-interesting I'll snap away :)

b

Archived