Current Project Pictures

You can get a Builder's Risk policy that will cover theft, wind, fire, flood. Unless Flipper has an usuually cozy relationship with his insurance agent where they let flipper get a homeowner's policy on all his flips ? :huh:

Builder's Risk and a separate Liability policy.

flipper

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know everyone has been sitting on the edge of their chair...

Hardwoods are down:

IMG_9801.jpg

Trim is done and primed:

IMG_9803.jpg

Granite and sinks are in:

IMG_9802.jpg

IMG_9805.jpg

IMG_9806.jpg

IMG_9812.jpg

I'm especially excited about the master bath:

IMG_9804.jpg

Front door is on:

IMG_9808.jpg

IMG_9809.jpg

Gutters in back:

IMG_9811.jpg

Comments , Questions?

flipper

I really like the grey tile in this photo. Is it Fibra by Atlas Concorde?

This bathroom couldn't be in my house b/c the fact that the accent stripes don't line up with the edges of the medicine cabinets would drive me crazy. :D

I know it's an Atlas Concorde, but I don't recall if it's Fibra. I think you are right though.

I hear ya on the accent stripes. It actually was never supposed to be that close even. The tiles continues across that whole wall (from inside the shower to behind the toilet 14 feet away. We started with a full tile on the right, and that's how it ended up.

Those actually aren't medicine cabinets they are just there as something to attach the mirror frames to, and make them stand off the wall a bit.

There's something else in this bathroom that would be a deal killer for you too, but I won't mention it :)

flipper

• 2 weeks later...

All the trim has 2 coats, the ceilings and closets have 3 coats, the first coat is going up on the walls.

IMG_9938.jpg

IMG_9934.jpg

IMG_9933.jpg

IMG_9932.jpg

Kitchen Backsplash is in:

IMG_9916.jpg

IMG_9917.jpg

IMG_9940.jpg

Entry is tiled:

IMG_9920.jpg

Front Door is stained:

IMG_9921.jpg

Driveway and patio are broken out:

IMG_9927.jpg

IMG_9935.jpg

Vanity in master is stained and being laquered:

IMG_9924.jpg

IMG_9939.jpg

Mirrors are in the bathrooms:

IMG_9923.jpg

IMG_9931.jpg

Attic insulation is in.

We are just about ready for fixtures, hardwood finishing, carpet, hardware and inspections.

flipper

If I've turned this into a boring blog, someone tell me to shut up :)

My wife and I put up the "mirror frames" in the master bath today. The mirrors should go in them tommorow.

IMG_9967.jpg

I sketched out an idea for the master bathroom back in December before we bought this house and it has turned out almost exactly like the sketch.

You can see the shape of the patio/driveway now...

IMG_9968.jpg

IMG_9970.jpg

IMG_9969.jpg

Would there be any interest in a HAIF open house when we put the house on the market?

flipper

What's with all the PVC pipes coming out of the walls? You trying to avoid busting up the slab for drains for the new/relocated plumbing fixtures?

The best practice for replacing concrete sewer lines under the house is to "re-route" them on the outside of the house. The downside is you see the pvc coming out of the wall.

flipper

And you probably wont have a problem getting that... very nice job.

Now, flip a house for me... 325k is what Id like to pay :)

3-4 bedrooms, 2.5 baths... 2 car garage, a decent yard in Spring Valley.

Am I dreaming?

We've actually been toying with the idea of doing custom remodels for people. We've really enjoyed the creative process of the construction on this house. I don't know if we are ready to deal with "clients" though ;)

As far as finding something ~325k in spring valley.... You might be dreaming. We paid more for this house that we gutted. You might be able to find something north of Westview but south of Long Point, but it will not be "remodeled".

For example: http://search.har.com/engine/dispSearch.cf...mp;backButton=Y

Best of luck!

flipper

We've actually been toying with the idea of doing custom remodels for people.

You might be onto something...

Normally when I see a property that has been flipped, I stay away. Its hard for me to know what quality of work has been done. What is going on behind those walls that I dont know about? What short-cuts might haunt me in the next few years, etc.

However, I also have no desire to flip a home myself. I already have a full life... remodeling a home right now is not part of the plan.

If I could find a "flipper" that I trusted, and could see the process with my own eyes, I would be willing to take on some of the liability of the project.

Interesting concept.

Who built the kitchen cabinets? They appear to be exactly the style we like and it would be great to have a solid lead on cabinet builders.

And even though this is technically a flip, I am impressed with how custom it looks. I think the neighbors are pleased as well!

Who built the kitchen cabinets? They appear to be exactly the style we like and it would be great to have a solid lead on cabinet builders.

And even though this is technically a flip, I am impressed with how custom it looks. I think the neighbors are pleased as well!

PM'd you!

flipper

The best practice for replacing concrete sewer lines under the house is to "re-route" them on the outside of the house. The downside is you see the pvc coming out of the wall.

flipper

Interesting. Why is that more best-er than busting up the slab aside from the issue of cost?

Interesting. Why is that more best-er than busting up the slab aside from the issue of cost?

Why is running new sewer lines on the outside of the house better than running them under the house? I think it's pretty obvious.

flipper

Why is running new sewer lines on the outside of the house better than running them under the house? I think it's pretty obvious.

flipper

Aside from the issue of cost (mentioned in my previous post) it isn't obvious. It doesn't look terribly appealing, and in the rare cases when the weather gets down below freezing for a day or two, it could present a problem.

Aside from the issue of cost (mentioned in my previous post) it isn't obvious. It doesn't look terribly appealing, and in the rare cases when the weather gets down below freezing for a day or two, it could present a problem.

The option of digging tunnels large enough for a man to get inside to work in (3'x3') all the way across the width (sometimes) of the house under the slab, excavating the old pipe, hanging new pipe from the bottom of the slab, back filling the hole by hand with a dirt/sand/portland cement mixture, hoping the house doesn't move in the mean time (or afterwards), and being left with sewer lines that are difficult to repair/diagnose in the future (let alone you are putting new pipe in the same vulnerable position as the old pipe that probably broke because of the house moving) sounds like a bad option when you can dig a trench in the yard.

Of course the pipe outside the house looks ugly, it's just a price you pay. And of course trenching is cheaper than tunneling.

As far as freezing, I've never heard of a frozen sewer line but what do I know.

flipper

• 3 weeks later...

Congratulations, Flipper! It's a really handsome property. Your revamp, using the attic space - absolutely great. The best thing is that you seem balanced in your approach. Im'm glad for that. I'm not sure the HAIF could handle a Jeff Lewis . Best of luck on the next one!

That looks great! Love the glass tile work! You'll sell that in no time.

Thanks for the vote of confidence. We've had 8 showings so far.

Congratulations, Flipper! It's a really handsome property. Your revamp, using the attic space - absolutely great. The best thing is that you seem balanced in your approach. Im'm glad for that. I'm not sure the HAIF could handle a Jeff Lewis . Best of luck on the next one!

What the!?!?! I've never seen that show. Is that for real? These house flipping shows are just too much.

Thanks for the compliments.

flipper

Archived