For Sale By Owner

bubbles

Realtor informed me that an old house on Merrill was sold. I had seen a sign that said for sale by owner. Anyone know who purchased it and what will be done with the property? Since I'm looking at all the houses on Merrill I was wondering what will be built there. I see they are starting to build something on a lot I saw last week too. Can they build townhomes in this area of Woodland Heights? Looking to buy a bungalow but don't want townhomes to swallow me!

Woodland Heights has the minimum lot restrictions. I did not know that. That is great. Do they also have a height restriction?

I don't believe they do but don't quote me on that. But you probably want to check out our website for details on the neighborhood restrictions. http://www.woodland-heights.org/ Not every link has been updated, but there should be plenty of verbage on here to keep you happy for a while. I'm guessing once they grant us historical status there will be even more to ensure the character of the 'hood remains.

if it is woodland heights proper, the restrictions say...no structures should contain more than three stories or floor levels, nor shall they be more than forty feet high.

there are multiple sets of restrictions for the various hoods over there so you will need to determine which hood it is in so you can figure out how it is restricted for sure.

if it is woodland heights proper, the restrictions say...no structures should contain more than three stories or floor levels, nor shall they be more than forty feet high.

there are multiple sets of restrictions for the various hoods over there so you will need to determine which hood it is in so you can figure out how it is restricted for sure.

Okay I read the official and Unofficial deed restrictions for Hermosa Court. They both say one residence for 2,500 ft. and no more than 3 stories. What is the difference between the official and unofficial? I saw where there are 4 townhomes on Northwood and I did see the blight on Omar. ON the Har site it says Hermosa Court and not Woodland Heights so should I be worried about what will be built?

I appreciate all you insight and I want to be sure that if I buy a house on Merrill it will not be surrounded by townhomes. One larger home is alright if done nicely!

Okay I read the official and Unofficial deed restrictions for Hermosa Court. They both say one residence for 2,500 ft. and no more than 3 stories. What is the difference between the official and unofficial? I saw where there are 4 townhomes on Northwood and I did see the blight on Omar. ON the Har site it says Hermosa Court and not Woodland Heights so should I be worried about what will be built?

I appreciate all you insight and I want to be sure that if I buy a house on Merrill it will not be surrounded by townhomes. One larger home is alright if done nicely!

i would personally ignore both and go down to county records and get the real mccoy prior to any purchase. sometimes neighborhoods end in odd locations so some parts of the block may be restricted while some parts aren't. also locate a neighborhood plat plan so you can accurately determine boundaries.

maybe the unofficial is what they want eventually but are currently not in effect.

also make sure and determine just how long they are in effect or do they expire? i wouldn't believe HAR but would go to hcad.org and put in the address of interest. this should pop up the correct neighborhood. sometimes the overzealous realtors put inaccurate info in the listings.

Archived