Haif More Mobile Frendly?

rapturematt

Okay, I am away from computer all day, and all I can think of is, "I wonder what they are discussing on HAIF?" Yes, it is sad! The only problem that I am experincing is that the forum is not very mobile friendly. Would there be a way to do this?If not, can some recommend a good counselor to hep me with my HAIF addiction?

When the company wants to buy me a Palm Treo or an iPhone, I'll have better equipment. For now, Blackberry is what I'm stuck with.

I like my Blackberry better than an iPhone. I can't type on those things. Plus, I like good mobile presentation of sites. Yahoo's news is excellent. It would be sweet if the HAIF had a good mobile version, but I'd waste even more time here if it did.

It would be sweet if the HAIF had a good mobile version, but I'd waste even more time here if it did.

I think that is the point...

It will just help the editor sell more advertising for the website because he could talk about our addictions. :lol:

I always assumed that Diet HAIF was a good solution for people with Blackberries, etc... I used to use it on my SonyEricsson phone. Does it not work well displaying the articles, or is simply not useful because there's no reply functionality?

It needs reply and "View New Posts", at the very least. Also, the message boundaries and quote blocks rely too heavily on divs and CSS for most PDA usage.

HAIF works fine on an iPhone, the only problem is sometimes you have to scroll down really far to get to the bottom of a thread and that can take a while with so many posts per page. I don't think iPhone has a gesture for skipping to the bottom of a webpage yet.

I never had a problem reading HAIF on my old IPAQ, except when it came "view new posts" and that was just a personal irritant and nothing to go nuts over.

My biggest issue is cnn.com and chron.com I gave up looking at those sites when they changed formats.

OK, here's something I hope might help some of you:

Smooth, refreshing HAIF:Now.

I wrote it so that it's as simple a page render as possible so it will work on as many mobile devices as possible.

Try it out and let me know what machines you're using and if it works. Especially Crackberries.

• 4 years later...

Did a different solution besides haif:now ever arrive? I somehow accidently had what I thought was a mobile version the other day. I don't know what I clicked on or why it went away but I want it back. My bb times out often bc the page is too big.

• 1 year later...

Archived