Townhouses On Sidney: 3 Of 8 Foreclosed On

Anybody know the story on these? 3 are in the MLS as having been foreclosed on. Bad lender? Bad construction? Anyone ever heard of the builder, A&K Custom Homes? The price seems right.

The builder was marketing them at $225k, and now we're looking at $190k. The listing you point to says "Never been lived in." Even though the builder's site says "Sold Out", it wouldn't surprise me if they just weren't able to get the price that they'd thought and the bank ultimately foreclosed. That location was too aggressive at this stage in the game IMO.

i drove by there a few weeks ago. surprised me that so many were available 2 yrs after they were constructed. the parking situation is also dicey, especially if you want to invite some people over. guess they could ride their bikes on the adjoining bike trail. ;)

That location was too aggressive at this stage in the game IMO.

I agree with that although I can understand how the developer reasoned that it would be a good spot, with the hike and bike trail and the decent residential surroundings. Hike and bike trail or not, unfortunately, it's still too far off the townhome buyer beaten path.

Oops! Looks like the builder built a little too far into the booming East End...

Not all of the East End is booming. Eastwood and the east downtown warehouse district are 'booming'. The areas north of Harrisburg are not (yet) because land values have yet to see much appreciation--which will be driven only once more new construction starts creeping into the area--and the existing improvements are crap.

Archived