The Mix @ Midtown: Retail At 3201 Louisiana St.

bwj

Awesome, I'm looking forward to this place. Looks like there might be some sidewalk cafe type places within walking distance of the Metro Rail and that's always good for me! Anything will be better than the current state of that parking garage - it's awful!

Which restaurant Woolie? Mai's?
Mai's is usually ok, but somewhat variable in level of service and quality of food. I ate there frequently back in the 2000-2004 timeframe, and still do sometimes at night. But my favorite is Cali Sandwich, where I get banh mi or vermicelli dishes a couple times a week. It's cheap, fast, and close to where I live.
I've had good luck with Mai's but I always get the same thing... bun.

I've actually never been to Cali but the guy from Jenni's Noodle House also recommended it so I've got to check it out.

I am in town for my aunt and uncle's 50th anniversary. We went to Mai's for lunch today. It appears there is some sort of white crane at the site now.
Love Mai's, been going there since the 80's when it was a scary smoke filled restaurant, but was open after the clubs all closed. Still go there, with my kids, but that place sure has changed.

For more comments on Mai's, click here for an existing thread.

• 3 weeks later...

I live at the Calais right across the street and they have now finished the entire steel superstructure for this building (they start banging at 7AM)... Now they just need to fill it in! My gf and I are pretty excited about have a nice retail center within one block of our front door.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I think it is called The Mix at Midtown. Looked pretty interesting to me this morning. I came on the board to see if there was any info on it, but have not found it yet.

I think it is called The Mix at Midtown. Looked pretty interesting to me this morning. I came on the board to see if there was any info on it, but have not found it yet.

If it is indeed the Mix at Midtown, then it's being discussed in the latter part of this thread: http://www.houstonarchitecture.info/haif/i...showtopic=14959

Edited by dbigtex56
Changed link, closed topic dbigtex56

• 2 weeks later...

You need to either save it differently or save it in another place. I don't understand the error message it gives when you've saved it this way. When it's in the format or place where you have yours, it won't let you paste it, but I'm not sure why. I'm not computer geek enough to understand.

I suggest you just upload it to the HAIF Image Gallery, and then you can copy and paste it from there.

Wow.... :huh:

I'm not so sure about that parking garage. What once was old is now new again. I'm pretty sure that the colors they used are straight out of the 1960's Sears Appliance Catalog: Avocado Green, Wheat Yellow, etc.

it's only a parking garage... the building itself will be a very pleasant addition ot midtown, imo. if the mix is built as indicated, this intersection will become very attractive.

are we sure that a 24 hour fitness will be here? or is it still speculation?

i heard from a trainer at another 24 hr fitness that there were building a new gym on that corner. it could still be speculation, but at least its coming from multiple fronts.

Am I totally crazy, or was this an existing garage? I could have sworn that there was a mystery garage that was in REALLY bad shape for years right next door to this property. I never quite knew what the garage was for since it was fenced in with chain-linkage! I have a feeling this is just a srpucing up of that garage... If that is the case, this is a HUGE improvement.